• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Has anyone been to my shop lately? Curious to see if any of my customers are on this board. Recently I made some management changes and since I am an off site owner for the majority of the time I would like to get some feed back on your experiences.
    Thanks,
    David.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been in a few times...

And my "father in law" is a long-time customer.

to be perfectly honest, to me, the prices seem "a little high". However, I don't live in the Bluffton area nor do I know how things are priced up there as compared to other local shops.

I do think that the Class III offerings are freaking sweet, though. Wish I had the coin to purchase those! :D

But the folks working have been nice enough to my wife and I when we've been in.

-J-

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    "the prices seem "a little high"."

I am a bit surprised by that comment, we normally price our merchandise cheaper than any shop in the Fort Wayne area because we need to give our customers a reason to drive the few extra miles.
    Now compared to Indy, yes in some cases we may be a bit more on some items. Now listed prices are just that, listed prices and there is always a bit of negotiating, that is the fun part of selling a gun.
    Next time your in town please introduce yourself, I usually work the late afternoons and on Saturday. Who is your father n'law? PM me if you like.

(Jared, got your PM but could not reply, all is good brother.)

Last edited:

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Not lately, I found the same thing, but just a little high. I like the shop, was treated very well when I went in. Some places treat you like you're gonna rob the place. Not so with your shop. I was told to just let someone know if I needed help.

At the time I was looking for a HiPoint C-9. None in stock.
    I'll get down that way one of these days. I need a reason to go through Ossian and stop at Heyerlys for some cinnamon rolls! LOL

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    We buy Hi-Points by the dozen when we can get them. I think right now we have them in stock. Thanks for your reply.
    David.

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been in once. I liked the reloading offerings. I thought I saw some good prices on magazines - gun prices seemed about average.

I liked it enough that I will have to go back.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I was in your shop a few weeks ago to pick up a Remington 700 that I had placed on lay away. A really nice looking stainless rifle and I thought the price was pretty good too :yesway: Have not fired it yet. I am going to try it in a HS Precision stock to start with. This is the first gun I have bought from the shop since you have owned it. The guys are always very helpful , polite and make me feel welcome , that is much appreciated.

I see Barney hanging around sometimes too! He was the only shop owner that ever swayed my decision on a gun purchase. Back in 1997 I was going try a Ruger "Target Rifle" in .223. Barney convinced me to go with the 700 VLS he had sitting next to it. The rifle turned out to be quite a shooter!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Made the trip about 2 years ago (wow time flies). Was treated very nicely and never felt rushed or pressured. Also enjoyed looking at the unobtainium! :) Walked out with a smile on my face and an old Norinco over my shoulder.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I got a sweet deal from 21st on a P22 and a Tac-65. I'll definately be back for more Class 3 purchases in the future.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Hi Dave, how's it going? What management changes have you made? PM me if you need to.

I go in quite often and they have handled all my C3 transfers. Very nice guys. Would like to take that Yugo M92 Krinkov SBR off your hands. Wanna make me a deal???

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Sorry, I pulled the Vector Yugo Krinks off the wall. I have three left and three young boys, figure that one out. :)

Really? I was in Thursday and the one was still on the wall. Must have done it since then. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find something else to spend my money on. :D

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Nice meeting you today, Dave. You have a great thing going there in Bluffton. Well run and easy dealings. Thanks for the box of ammo, and I hope I didn't bug you too much. Next time I get down there, I'll stop in. For those of you in the area looking for a good gun shop, this is the place. The shop was packed (thanks Obama) and there was still enough staff to man the place. Dave got my gun for me, another gentleman gave me the paperwork, when the paperwork was done, someone called it in to NICS while we were BSing and looking around. Then an employee was at the register to take the payment. Painless and pleasant. Great selection, from the HiPoint I bought to Kahrs to Charter revolvers. Many new and used long guns. Friendly staff. Theoretically, you could be in and out of there in a matter of minutes if you wanted to be. Even as busy as it was.

I took my buddy back to his house in Ossian and got some Heyerly's cinnamon rolls for my family...Took some of those to my parent's place. I killed many birds with one stone today, it was a great trip.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    It was good meeting you as well. Sorry I did not have as much time to visit, it was a mad house. We are one of the few shops that still has a selection of black rifles so we are getting quite a few folks in from all over to check them out.
    Heyerly's? He is a gun guy!

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Do you happen to carrying RRA AR-15's? I live in Dekalb County, but could use a reason to drive down there. Of course other than stopping the Bakery in Ossian.....:whistle:.

Alex

Has anyone been to my shop lately? Curious to see if any of my customers are on this board. Recently I made some management changes and since I am an off site owner for the majority of the time I would like to get some feed back on your experiences.
    Thanks,
    David.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    We usually carry RRA but we are out and don't expect to get a restock anytime soon. We have several Olympic Arms AR's in stock, One DPMS and four Bushmasters. We usually keep about 40 to 50 AR's in stock, but with the rush towards black rifles we are about half that now. Most likely we will not be getting anymore Bushmasters or RRA in before the end of the year. Luckily we are an Olympic Arms distributor so we have a good in with them and should have a steady supply.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Although I'm about as far south as I can get and still be in the same state I was there possibly 3 years ago working road construction and came across the place by accident. Snuck away long to pick up a Taurus Ultralite for a price no one down here was willing to meet. Had I had more time I wouldn't have made anything that week. If I lived closer you'ld get tired of seeing me just like the local shop owners do. Funny thing though? They never turn down my $$$.

Top Bottom