• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I picked up a Glock 30 at Fort Liberty in Avon, today. They gave me a good price and I had it in lay-away. Mike, one of the owners, is a qualified Glock gunsmith and offered to change the trigger assembly out for one with a 3.5# pull for a very reasonable price. I needed a part for the rear sight on a S&W 19 and they helped me find what I needed on-line, so I could order it myself. I have bought several guns here and have always received excellent service and a fair price.:yesway:

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm from fort wayne, but my sister lives in avon. i stopped in there last tuesday when i picked up my mom from my sister's house. nice place, friendly guys, bought a couple boxes of ammo to support what seemed to be a good place!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm happy to see that the reputation of Fort Liberty is moving in the right direction. I should probably drop in, since I live about three miles from the store.

hunt3rsd3n

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice store. Friendly staff. Good location. Nice accessory stock. Sparce handgun gun selecion still, but nicer quality. I only discovered one downfall...trades. Blue Book is used, but doesn't take into market value and Mike's firearm's grading system allows to his advantage. For example, if an item is 95% it is valued at 80%. Being in the business since 1990 myself (FFL Dealer) and now a private collector, I understand how the trade gig works. However, you can use Retail to Retail or Wholesale to Wholesale standard, but you can't expect to get a following asking retail and below fair market value for trades.

I've been in the store several times and will continue to go back "looking for that deal", but will not offer trades. PSP has my business, if I want to trade. All that being said, this store should fair well since it has a great atmosphere and appears to be getting a following. Recommended. I hope this was objective and you take into account that this is only one opinion.

robitraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Noblesville
    I can tell you that they have the least exspensive ammo around. My dad lives in Avon, and they always treat him very well. I bought a box of 40 smith in there for about 14 bucks, and no it is no blazer ammo!

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    +1 I personnally enjoy the staff and service that my whole family gets there. It is the only "gun shop" that my wife will walk into by herself. (but she has limited experiences with the local shops). They made her feel welcome and comfortable. Both are very important to her as a shopper.

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    Really good place to be. Used to shop alot on Kentucky Ave. but not any more I only go to one of 2 places. Fort Liberty in Avon or Plainfield Shooting Supply. I actually just picked up a little Bersa thunder 380 @ Fort Liberty the other day and like it alot. Anyway definitely a great place to shop. Decent selection, and fair prices. great prices on accessories as well.

Last edited:

Jet I

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    The Fort

The place is full of great guys. Scott the owner showed me a bayonette for my glock19 that he had was given at a convention. Given that he did not own a glock at the time (he has since rectified this misdeed) he let me have it...that's right a FREE gift. Don't go in there expecting the same because I have known Scott for a while. That is just the kind of guy he is though. Check the place out and you will see what I mean. Honestly, how many gun shops let you spill complimentary popcorn all over their floor while you browse the inventory?? If I did it right you should be able to see the gun to your left under my name.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I used Ft Liberty for a FFL and they treated me as well as if I had bought the gun there. They are very good people to work with.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have to say that I have been back to the Fort and they have great customer service now. Prices are good and I have to say " they listened to the what has been said about them and corrected it."
    I have stopped in about 4 times in the last month and a half and thanks for the great service. If you have had any problems with them in the pass, GO back and try them agqain. You will be happy. ( I hope, I have! ).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    +1 for Fort Liberty! Picked up my Walther there today, for what I considered a reasonable price. Very nice shop. Turns out I know Scott from high school (small world). Looks like I'll put them on the short list for the next purchase....

Top Bottom