• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CLowe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Went in there last week stood around for 30 min.
    Not one member of the sales staff ever asked to help me . they were not that busy .
    2 of them were to busy talking to each other behind the counter .

I posted on their Facebook page asking about it , they in turn removed my comment then blocked me from commenting on any of their post .

I assure you I will never spend another penny in that place .

Ever since the couple guys that were members here left , they have no customer service at all .
    Do yourself a favor , if you are down south go to any other shop but that one .:noway::noway::noway:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not one member of the sales staff ever asked to help me . they were not that busy .

I posted on their Facebook page asking about it , they in turn removed my comment then blocked me from commenting on any of their post .

Ever since the couple guys that were members here left , they have no customer service at all .
    Do yourself a favor , if you are down south go to any other shop but that one .:noway::noway::noway:

Not my experience at all with Orion, I was always treated well and usually dealt with member Boomstick, don't tell me he's not there anymore?

CLowe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Not my experience at all with Orion, I was always treated well and usually dealt with member Boomstick, don't tell me he's not there anymore?

Boomstick was good , I had dealt with another guy that was also on here that left a year or so back ( can't remember his name / handle )
    Both are gone now .
    Service there sucks .
    And as I said I posted on their facebook page questioning them about it and they banned me from posting any comments on that page .
    I know they just banned me because I had a friend look and he was able to post comments .

I do hope Boomstick comes back around to the area in some form or another .
    I have been going to Gun World in Corydon for the last few weeks
    There is a guy there who worked for Orions several years ago that is awesome .
    I won't be stepping foot back into Orions . If I can't find it anywhere else localy I will shop online !

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I work in a gunshop and cannot figure out why it is so hard for grown men to simply ask for help. I always know when someone has a question because they're usually at the other end of the shop with a glaring look on their face. Just come ask for help! I'm not gonna follow you around and ruin your visit by asking if you need help or have a question every 30 seconds. There are many people who come in for a half hour or more just to browse, and don't want to be bothered with constant "are you sure I can't help you"s

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I work in a gunshop and cannot figure out why it is so hard for grown men to simply ask for help. I always know when someone has a question because they're usually at the other end of the shop with a glaring look on their face. Just come ask for help! I'm not gonna follow you around and ruin your visit by asking if you need help or have a question every 30 seconds. There are many people who come in for a half hour or more just to browse, and don't want to be bothered with constant "are you sure I can't help you"s

So even asking once is a task?

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    If the guys are busy, that's one thing, but if they are loafing, messing with there phone, hanging with the good old boys...... Then they should at least acknowledge that you are there. Just once, if you are just browsing, that's cool, if ur looking for something, then you have his/her attention.

I don't use a self checkout at the store, and I don't chase someone around to try to get help. I'm not going to buy it and have to sell it too. I'll just go somewhere that wants to be in business, and acts like it.

^ That has nothing to do with Orion. Just a general statement. Never been there.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    So even asking once is a task?

No. What I normally do, unless I'm busy, is greet customers when they walk in the door with a "Hi, how are you today?" Then sometimes I get a response, and then say "is there anything I can help you with?". If they answer no, then I tell them ok, and if you have any questions to let me know. After that, it's on them. I'm more than happy to help but it's the customers reaponsibility to present questions if they have them.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    No. What I normally do, unless I'm busy, is greet customers when they walk in the door with a "Hi, how are you today?" Then sometimes I get a response, and then say "is there anything I can help you with?". If they answer no, then I tell them ok, and if you have any questions to let me know. After that, it's on them. I'm more than happy to help but it's the customers reaponsibility to present questions if they have them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^. That's all I ask.

CLowe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    When you walk through the door and have one guy leaning on the counter talking on his cell phone , The other is sitting on his ass talking to his buddy about the house he is working on , and the 3rd is standing in the parking lot smoking and talking to his buddy and they simply ignore everyone in the store , you are not giving customer service at all .
    I don't mind asking for help , but I'll be damned if I beg a bunch of arrogant *******s to let me spend my money with them because they were once a good gun store .

As I stated the 2 guys I spoke of earlier in the post would always acknowledge your presents and basically do the same as you stated ctbreitweiser .
    They would say hey man if you need anything give me a yell .
    And that's all anyone ask .
    Oh well they never have to worry about me or my money interrupting them again !

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

NEVERFEAR, there is a new gun shop, opening up, across the street !!!!!

Top Bottom