• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was shooting on their range today. $10 per hour or $15 pet day. They go out to 750 yards and have steel targets at 200 and beyond. I put leoupold bases on my 17 fireball and realized I put the wrong screws in the wrong holes. My bolt wouldn't go all the way down. I was so embarrased that I almost packed it up and left. I live over an hour away so I went inside and asked the guy if he had different screws for it. He took it to the back room and fixed it for me. I asked how much I owed him and he said no charge.

Very friendly staff and nice range!

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Was there anyone shooting on your left side? Unless they've fixed it, someone shooting on the left end of the firing line, is about 20 feet BEHIND a person shooting on the right end of the firing line. I drove up there to shoot once but didn't ..... I'll not shoot there until they take care of that.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    The range is at somewhat of an angle, but imho still pleanty safe. I don't have any problem with anyone firing from the left of me. They are usually quite a ways to the side and it doesn't bother me at all.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Was there anyone shooting on your left side? Unless they've fixed it, someone shooting on the left end of the firing line, is about 20 feet BEHIND a person shooting on the right end of the firing line. I drove up there to shoot once but didn't ..... I'll not shoot there until they take care of that.

If that angle bothers you, the person to the left of you is already way past safe if those extra 20 feet makes the difference. I noticed the line was at an angle but never even thought about it being a safety issue.

Did you ever crawl over the wall with a 60 and tracers coming over your head? That is much more dangerous than that firing line.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Being BESIDE you isn't my issue.... you are in FRONT of any muzzle being fired to your left. Thanks, but not me.

Did you ever crawl over the wall with a 60 and tracers coming over your head? That is much more dangerous than that firing line.

I'm sorry sir, but that is an absolutely ludicrous comparison. The 60 shooting over my head was elevation locked, and COULD NOT injure me as long as I did my job. That range puts me in front of the other guy's muzzle regardless of any measures I might take. Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Being BESIDE you isn't my issue.... you are in FRONT of any muzzle being fired to your left. Thanks, but not me.

I'm sorry sir, but that is an absolutely ludicrous comparison. The 60 shooting over my head was elevation locked, and COULD NOT injure me as long as I did my job. That range puts me in front of the other guy's muzzle regardless of any measures I might take. Ain't gonna happen.

I see your point to a degree but all it takes is one yeahoo to sweep his muzzle to the left or right and you're in the same boat.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    all it takes is one yeahoo to sweep his muzzle to the left or right and you're in the same boat.
    Correct, but I will not voluntarily place myself in front of his muzzle , from the get-go. I can watch him easier when he's beside me, than when he's behind me.

I don't mean to be argumentative at all. If that firing-line arrangement suits you, please have at it. I utilize what I consider to be much safer places to shoot.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I have only been there a couple of times for the R100 but they were great hosts and went out of their way to help people out with equipment issues and needs. :yesway:

Top Bottom