• ...and so much more!
  • BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    Hi guys,

I am offering up my VTR for trade or sale. This is only going to be for sale as long as another rifle I am looking to buy is still for sale.

Here is the link to my thread for this rifle:https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/145165-remington_vtr_308_mini_review.html

That thread contains a very detailed description of the gun and how it performs. This gun can shoot much better than 1/2 MOA as my last group shows, and would be a great hunting/target gun out to 1000 yards.

The gun is a stock Remington VTR Desert Recon in 308 caliber. It has a Harris bi-pod, and claw sling. The scope is a trijicon TR23-2 (TR23-2 AccuPoint - Trijicon, Inc.) it is a 5-20x50mm scope, and retails for around $1200. It has an illuminated ridicule that does not use batteries, just light, and is extremely visible in high and low light situations. It is mounted with a PRI 20 moa base, with leupold MK4 aluminum rings. That combo alone set me back $220. I bought this gun with less than 150 rounds through it, and I have since put less than 100 rounds. So it is safe to say it has less than 250 rounds. What you are getting here is known accuracy. It has been taken care of meticulously and functions flawlessly. One last thing I will mention, the previous owner of this gun had some trigger work done, and I can honestly say that it is the best stock trigger I have EVER felt, and the folks at Elmores agree, zero creep, zero over-travel.

I am looking for a 338 Lapua mag. I am open for trades, but am not looking for junk, high quality firearms only. A few trades/partial trades I would consider are;

HIGH quality 1911 (think Wilson, Ed Brown ect)
    High end AR
    338 lapua rifle
    5R 700 in 300WM
    5R anything
    Beretta 92 Compact Inox

Cash price is NOW [STRIKE]$1900[/STRIKE] $1,700 THROUGH SUNDAY ONLY INCLUDING approx 300 rounds of 308 and approx 100 308 brass. OBO (make a reasonable offer!) Trade price is now at $1,800

Last edited:

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    TTT I've had some great trade offers, I just haven't found the right one yet, keep the offers coming but cash is king!

I do feel in a strange 1911 mood, I am willing to hear trade offers for just about any nice 1911! Kimber, Colt, Sig, Springfield, Para, and of course the higher end custom stuff as well! Let me know what you've got!!

Top Bottom