WTS: WWII-Era Japanese Arisaka Type 38 6.5x50mm Rifle w/4X Weaver Scope Fishers Area

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CWZ

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    ** Price drop. $325 OBO ** If you are interested at all, make a fair offer.

** All reasonable offers considered - PM me! **

Hello INGO. I have for sale a WWII-era Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifle that was gifted to me. It's just not my style so I'd like to see if anyone out here is interested. I've tried to learn as much as I could about it. This was the standard rifle issued to the Japanese Imperial Infantry for many years.

It is a bolt action rifle that uses 6.5x50mm Arisaka ammo. Mine is drilled and tapped to support a Weaver rail scope base which comes with a 4X Weaver Marksman scope and rings. It has a 5-shot internal magazine.

Gun comes with everything in photos - rifle, Weaver rail scope base and rings, Weaver 4X Marksman scope, strap, and 2 rounds of ammo.

I honestly don't know what to ask for this rifle and scope. I see them all over the board depending on condition, where they were produced, whether they have accessories, etc. I would be happy with $500 but make me a fair offer if you know a lot more about these.

From the research I have done, this one appears to have been "sporterized" somehow with the fore-end of the stock having been shortened, almost making it appear more like an M-1. This is a full "Mum" rifle (many had the Mums ground off), but the Mum was drilled through for the scope base as you will see. This is a Type 38 - Model of 1905 unit based on the Mum and markings behind the Mum. According to the arsenal mark (next to serial number), this was produced in either the Tokyo (Koishikawa) Arsenal or the Kokura Arsenal (same symbol for both). Condition seems very good for the age, and the bolt runs smooth. The glass is clear on the Weaver scope. I am told by the person that gifted it to me that they had fired it and it was a good shooter. Everything I know I have told you here.

Read more about the rifle here: Type 38 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Located in Fishers area and not willing to travel much. Can meet at 116th and Allisonville or 116th and 69 area. I require to see valid Indiana D/L and am glad to show you mine. No information recorded.

PM to discuss further. Please do not bump this thread with questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom