Have any of you shot the Daniel Defense DDM4v3?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    I'm looking at getting an M4 type weapon. I've read a lot of good reviews on the Daniel Defense weapons.

For those who have shot the DDm4's what did you think of them? How were the triggers? How was the fit and finish? What did you dislike about them?

I've held one in my hands and really liked everything about it, but I have not had a chance to shoot one yet. I'm ready to buy, just waiting on a good sale to pick one up.

Thanks for any input. :ar15:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lars has one for sell in the classified at a great price.

DD builds quality products.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    I haven't shot the V3 version, but I own a DDM4 version 1.

I've been extremely happy with this rifle. Fit and finish are excellent. Everything is nice and tight with no gaps, but not so tight that it feels like anything is binding. After about 2500 rounds through it, I had 3 feeding issues, and those were magazine related. Other than that, I've had zero issues.

The trigger is ok. It feels better than a lot of other AR triggers, but still isn't as light as I would prefer it. I'll be dropping in a new trigger in the next few weeks. That will be the only mod on the rifle.

Out of the box it is very accurate. With the right ammo, you'll get nice groups with the iron sights. Throw an optic on it, and you can really dial it in.

I wouldn't think twice about buying another rifle from them. Quality company that makes quality equipment.

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    I haven't shot the V3 version, but I own a DDM4 version 1.

I've been extremely happy with this rifle. Fit and finish are excellent. Everything is nice and tight with no gaps, but not so tight that it feels like anything is binding. After about 2500 rounds through it, I had 3 feeding issues, and those were magazine related. Other than that, I've had zero issues.

The trigger is ok. It feels better than a lot of other AR triggers, but still isn't as light as I would prefer it. I'll be dropping in a new trigger in the next few weeks. That will be the only mod on the rifle.

Out of the box it is very accurate. With the right ammo, you'll get nice groups with the iron sights. Throw an optic on it, and you can really dial it in.

I wouldn't think twice about buying another rifle from them. Quality company that makes quality equipment.

Thanks for the info Hillbilly. Do you remember was it with the 30 round pmags that you had feeding issues, or another kind of mag?

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    The first time was with a new 30 round Pmag. About 3 shots into the first firing. I'm chalking that one up to new gun, and new tight springs in the mag. That is the only problem I've ever had with any pmags. And, like I said..it was a one time thing. Cleared the jam and the rest of the mag ran fine...as did about 2000 other rounds. The other two issues were with a new 20 round steel mag from Brownells. Again, I'm thinking it was because it was a new mag. After running a few loadings through it, it has been fine with no issues ever since.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom