• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have been looking for a Winchester 22 short only pump rifle in decent condition and finally found one at a fair price. Picked this one up for $465 plus $30 shipping. They have been going in the 7-800 dollar range for ones in this condition. I picked up a 95% Winchester Mod 62A a couple months ago for $740 and really love the gun. Once I get this second one I need to go out and shoot both of them. Just ordered fifteen boxes of 22 short just in case. :D This will make my forth 22 pump rifle, also have the Rossi Gallery and the Henry pump. The 22 short only gallery guns are hard to find that have not been shot out, excellent condition ones go for over two thousand dollars. From the serial number I am guessing this one was produced around 1915. Can't be happier with my find.

Gallery_gun_LH.jpg

Gallery_gun_top.jpg

Gallery_gun_stock.jpg

gallery_gun_RH.jpg

Here is the Gunbroker ad: Winchester model 1890 .22 SHORT Pump-Action Rifle. The bore on this octagon barreled take-down model .22 is very bright with crisp rifling. The blue on the barrel is starting to develop a patina appearance. The receiver and the slide are absent of finish with light speckling. All the factory markings are sharp. Both the front and rear sights are dated. The wood shows the scratches and dings common of any well cared for firearm of this age

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Nice looking rifle! I have an 1890 in .22 WRF (made in 1902). It's a fun shooter, but a box of 50 costs almost as much as 9mm :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Nice looking rifle! I have an 1890 in .22 WRF (made in 1902). It's a fun shooter, but a box of 50 costs almost as much as 9mm :n00b:

Grew up shooting a WRF. My dad's still got mine and my brother's (we're twins and in our 40's) in his safe... I think he's still got a soft spot for the old beasts. So do I - my all time favorite rifle. And yep - shooting them's a bit pricey.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Great guns! I learned to shoot on a .22 Long version 1890. I've had a couple over theyears. Dad's also go a Remington 12 I fixed up a bit for him a few years back. I've got an older Rossi carbine. It's like a long pistol, it's so light! And it may not be a tack driver on paper, but I can hit anything I point it at!

Doug K

waleeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    fdgsgfsf
    The blue on the barrel is starting to develop a patina appearance. The receiver and the slide are absent of finish with light speckling. All the factory markings are sharp. Both the front and rear sights are dated. The wood shows the scratches and dings common of any well cared for firearm of this age

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Neat gun for a good price. Shooter or collecting? As a shooter, you could refurb it a bit at a time until it's real purty again. Just sent my Winny 74 short down the road a couple of weeks ago. Still have a Browning ATD in .22 short with a spare bbl. One scoped, one iron sighted.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The blue on the barrel is starting to develop a patina appearance. The receiver and the slide are absent of finish with light speckling. All the factory markings are sharp. Both the front and rear sights are dated. The wood shows the scratches and dings common of any well cared for firearm of this age

First post is a 5 year old necro post. Nice!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I will say that one of these is ideal for town dwellers with raccoon problems. With that long barrel and .22shorts, it's no louder than a pellet rifle.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Have an old M90 in .22 Short, take down [2nd] model made in 1928. Most likely the first rifle I ever shot. Belonged to my late maternal grandfather. It was a farm gun, it had been tied down across the handles of a horse drawn plow to put young ground hogs in the pot during spring time work. GF said that when he passed on it was mine, trouble is that he never wrote that down. Once he passed on some of his children went through the house and a grumpy old uncle of mine latched onto it knowing all well that it was mine. Years later when my late mother was ready to leave the widow of said uncle after a visit, she told Mom to wait a minute, and she came out with the rifle and said it was better late then never for me to have it. Bore was good, but all the metal had a lite coat of rust on it. Oil and 4 ought steel wool cured that but later I sent it out for a complete blue job. Cleaned up the stock and it looks like it was just made. Adjustable rear sight, with a flip up front sight [first time ever to see that] and haven't shot it in years. Now doubt since I'm on the wrong side of 70, my grandson will wind up with it. Stories about the rifle said that during the Depression, it put a lot of small game on the dinner table during hard times.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    Now you need a Remington 572 smoothbore for hunting dragonflies in the wing...

572.jpg

I actually have some 22lr with #12 shot in them (not CCI) and my Grandpa who gave them to me, said his brother who gave them to him, who passed away, said his brother could shoot skeet with them using a smooth bore 22, but had to get on them fast.

sdb321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    LaFontaine
    My grandfather gave me one of those a long time ago then took it back. After seeing your purchase I have the "itch" to get one !!!!! Real nice rifle.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Nice catch, even 5 year old posts are fun. Especially when they are about gallery guns! 70 degrees today and I was out shooting my rossi 62!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I picked up a Model 24 Remington several years ago from Elmores in 22short. Really interesting little rifle. I love rifles chambered for shorts.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom