• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    I am building a AR15 chambered in 358 Gremlin. I am using a Shillen CM barrel with an M4 extension and M4 flat top upper, SI Defense 7.62 x 39 BCG, PRI Magazine. The lower will be built on a DPMS lower with A2 stock.

I just finished threading and chambering the barrel. Fireball168 of BFG Design was instrumental in helping me get this project going. Here are some bad cell phone picks of the progress so far.

3582.jpg

3581.jpg

3583.jpg

I will be contouring the barrel and parkerizing it and assembling the rifle this next week. More pictures to follow.

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    I don't have the weight right know. I contoured the barrel pretty heavy. I wanted a pretty heavy AR at the end. When I get it finished this week, I will weigh it and post the weight. I could have taken some of the weight off the barrel by fluting it, but I did feel it was needed.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Wow, what a process it's pretty awesome to get to see. Are you planning, by the fireforming comment, to make your own projectiles & the brass is of what caliber. I am pretty confident I have read you are necking up brass. I guess/know its way out of my knowledge base, but I would like to be educated. I think to make your own rifle and ammo is a valuable trait/skill to hsve.

Top Bottom