Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Master DragonGunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N. Central IN
    Posts
    2,590

    M14 USGI Dummy Kit

    Just got my Dummy Kit installed. This kit works on USGI stocks an fills up that hole where the selector switch is, the space up in front of the OP Handle. I decided to go with the button, rather than the selector level. Mine took some fabrication because my Fed. Ord. receiver was a bit on the wide side. But it fits an gives it a more M14 look. All parts but the mount are from USGI parts so that was cool.
    http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/




    Last edited by DragonGunner; 08-07-2011 at 12:25.
    Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. William Penn

  2. #2
    Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Shaker Prairie
    Posts
    1,404
    That looks good DragonGunner.
    And thanks for the link. Somehow I'd never found my way over there before.
    I like the button better than the lever too. For one thing the button looks like it is less likely to snag on something. And I just like the looks of it better.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster Expat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23,249
    Nice job DG.

  4. #4
    Master DragonGunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N. Central IN
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanks guys...I asked some other guys an they did say the selector lever was also kinda in the way when you pulled the op rod handle back also...an since they all originally came out with the semi only button to begin with thought it was a good choice...since mine is only semi anyway.
    Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. William Penn

  5. #5
    Grandmaster Expat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23,249
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonGunner View Post
    Thanks guys...I asked some other guys an they did say the selector lever was also kinda in the way when you pulled the op rod handle back also...an since they all originally came out with the semi only button to begin with thought it was a good choice...since mine is only semi anyway.
    Darn the gubmint and their stupid rules.

  6. #6
    Master Lock n Load's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mville
    Posts
    4,115
    Looks great, Hawks kits are second to none !!!
    "High drag and Low speed!!!"

  7. #7
    Grandmaster Mosinowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonGunner View Post
    Just got my Dummy Kit installed. This kit works on USGI stocks an fills up that hole where the selector switch is, the space up in front of the OP Handle. I decided to go with the button, rather than the selector level. Mine took some fabrication because my Fed. Ord. receiver was a bit on the wide side. But it fits an gives it a more M14 look. All parts but the mount are from USGI parts so that was cool.
    SparrowHawkM14.com




    Looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbills2223 View Post
    Are you suggesting that you are an underwater dwelling female squirrel?

  8. #8
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    101
    Looks great. I finally got my kit from Hawk a month ago. I do wish there was someone else making these. It took 5 months to get mine and several emails and promised ship dates(Hawk lost my order). I should feel fortunate that I got it in only 5 months since some have to wait as long as a year or more to get it. None the less the kit looks good and was easy to install.

  9. #9
    Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Shaker Prairie
    Posts
    1,404
    I think there's alot of times when Hawk isn't doing real well health-wise.

  10. #10
    Master DragonGunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N. Central IN
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by 03A3 View Post
    I think there's alot of times when Hawk isn't doing real well health-wise.

    True. He just posted on the link I gave that he has caught up with orders an should have kits ready to go out the door....someone else over at the M14 forum is selling them now too.
    Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. William Penn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •