• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I have an old Savage/Stevens Model 67 12 ga pump that my Dad gave me in the 80's. I haven't used it since the early 90's but I got it out to go trap shooting with the other day.

I noticed that the part at the chamber end of the tubular magazine that holds the shells in the tube is missing. So, when you insert a round into the tube and push it forward, the spring jus pushes it right back out. So, you can't load any rounds into the magazine tube cause they won't stay. It's in effect, a single shot now. I have no idea how it got that way:dunno: Nothing seems broken, just missing.

This is an old, cheap gun but it's the first gun I ever had and I'll gladly pay to keep it working because of the sentimental value.

However, as I go looking for the part online, I don't know what it is called--can anyone help?

Is it possibly called a "cartridge stop"?

THIS shows the diagram but the piece called "cartridge stop" seems large and screwed into the receiver. I don't think that whole thing is missing. I have the gun at home and I'll have to sit down with the diagram and see.

Can anyone help? Thanks, guys.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    He is probably missing the follower because the lack of a shell-stop kicked it out some place. I bet your shell stop is missing or broken.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    57 or 45, but my money is on 57. Its sometimes called a Shell stop...the proper name may be "something bar", for all that helps.

That's also the lever you depress to unload a shotgun, and is generally a flat bar with a bit of a hook at the end to obstruct the mag tube.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    He is probably missing the follower because the lack of a shell-stop kicked it out some place. I bet your shell stop is missing or broken.

Never seen a shotgun that relied on the shell stop to retain the follower, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. Usually they have a lip at the base of the follower, and you should maybe see if you can't find one that like that as a replacement.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    The follower is the red plastic rounded piece that covers the spring, correct? That is still there.

I'm missing the little hook/clip/lever/whatever that catches the lip of the shell to keep it in the tube. Also, it is the piece that you depress to release the shell when you are unloading the magazine like was pointed out. That's the piece I need.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, found THIS

It's a little more complete. I think I am missing #17 and #18? Shell stop and shell stop spring? Would you guys think that's it?

Top Bottom