• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Lately I have been contemplating whether I was going to build my first AR or buy one that is ready to shoot out of the box. I understand the cost benefits to building your own and how you can also customize it to your preferences. I also understand that the resell value on a build may not always be as high as you want it.

That being said, I was approached by another fun loving gun nut at work a few days ago who knows that I am in the market for an AR. He told me he had a Bushmaster Dissipator in the A2 configuration and that it comes with one mag.

Price tag: $725

I realize I could build one for cheaper if I got a kit from Del-Ton or some other manufacturer. But is this a deal I should jump at for my first AR?

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    With as competitive as the AR build market is right now, I don't understand why anyone would buy a complete gun that isn't already exactly (or dang close) to how they want it configured.

If you want a Dissy and the gun meets the exact configuration that you want, then it isn't a bad price depending on how "used" it is. Another option if you want to build a Dissy is to look into PSA, Delton, Spikes, and some of the others. I recently built a PSA Dissy for right around $725 and have a gun in the exact configuration that I wanted.

If you don't want a Dissy, then don't settle on that Bushy. Find a gun in the configuration you want or build one. Building an AR isn't rocket science once you have a few basic hand tools.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I realize I could build one for cheaper if I got a kit from Del-Ton

Not trying to sound anti-Del-Ton by any means, but there is an issue with thier Dissy model. Instead of using a carbine length gas system, they use a rifle length system. Could lead to some reliabiliity issues if you're not using hot ammo;

Del-Ton Dissipator - THR

Pay close attention to posts 25,26,27. :D

Top Bottom