Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Ok, here is how it happens.

First you buy a Mossy 500 pump.

Then you say, dang that's fun to shoot.

So you gota buy the Mossy semi-auto.

Then you find a Browning A5.... WOW... that is a sweet shotgun!

Then it happens..... Citori

So if the shotgun bug starts to bite this is where it could end up.

ps... the Citori is sweet!!! just got it last week. :D

picture.php

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I think I've done bled out to the shotgun bug. I just haven't been able to acquire an expensive taste, or at least not afford one :) Don't see it happening. I'll just lust after yours. Lust lust.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Ok, here is how it happens.

First you buy a Mossy 500 pump.

Then you say, dang that's fun to shoot.

So you gota buy the Mossy semi-auto.

Then you find a Browning A5.... WOW... that is a sweet shotgun!

Then it happens..... Citori

So if the shotgun bug starts to bite this is where it could end up.

ps... the Citori is sweet!!! just got it last week. :D

picture.php

I have the top two.. but how long until you get to this?..

images

Benelli Shotguns | Benelli M4

YoungBlood21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Greenfield
    I have always wanted and over under barreled shotgun. How does it shoot compared to a normal pump or semi-auto shotgun? i.e. do you have to aim a little higher on your second shot or what?

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The shotgun sickness is like any other. I started with a Moss. 500
    Then I got a Remington 870 and made it a HD shotgun. Then I got another 870 for the truck......then I got a Winchester Model 12 16 gauge. Now I want a coach gun. my ultimate prize would be an AA12.......a guy can dream can't he!

Also, very nice street howitzers you go there

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    So true, it seems like every class of firearms I get into, I say to myself "if I just had one of these and got a good all-around one, then I'd be set" and after my first purchase I say "hmm, this first one is great, but now what I'd really like is something that specializes in xxx". Just got my first 870, now looking to a semi-auto, but I bet I pick up that O/U someday too!

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Too funny -- I did the same thing, right on up and through the Benelli's. Then one day I decided to buy a slug barrel for my Nova or my SBE II. Holy. CRAP. You would have thought I was buying them from Halliburton -- they cost a million dollars, and you can't even find one of the seven or so they must have made. So I solved it another way. I sold my Benelli's, bought a 930 SPX, and started buying accessory barrels. I now have the 18" with a bead, the 18" potato-masher, a 24" ported turkey barrel, and a cantelievered and ported slug barrel. This thing is like some kind of redneck's Barbie doll, you can dress it up any way you like. And all for about the cost of a mythical Benelli cantelievered slug barrel!

I kept my Citori 20ga, let's not go crazy... But I've found that one gun and many barrels works best for me. Good luck!

Specialized

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I love shotguns so much I dont think ill ever kick the bug my list as of now is

H&R Topper .410
    H&R 176 in 10 gauge (soon to be a 20 inch:cool:)
    NEF Pardner 12 gauge with the 18.5 inch barrel
    Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge
    Winchester 1897 with a old polychoke
    and some brazillian side by side

Im hoping to get a Saiga 12, Akdal m1919, Keltec KSG, and a Winchester SX3 in the future

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I use different shotguns for different jobs...the best tool is one that best does the job at hand.

For 3 gun matches my 1100 does a great job with it's 10+1 capacity.
    1100a-1.jpg

For HD and deer my HK/Benelli 121M with a extra barrel easily handles both jobs.
    121m1.jpg

For clays games the Valmet 512 gets the nod...
    valmet412.jpg

Or if reduced recoil is desired for clays I will grab the Beretta White Onyx in 20 ga...
    ber5.jpg

Upland game is best handled with a SXS in my opinion, for larger game like pheasant my Winchester 24 in 16ga is great medicine...
    winchester.jpg

for doves either a 20 or 28 ga is preferred, my Stoeger Supreme combo does both gauges...
    sto1.jpg

Should a vintage shoot be in the offing then a Parker shows a bit of class...
    parkerp.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now, I do have an SX3, with the mag extender for 11+1. That'll fire as fast as an M2 with some practice, and 9 bits of lead per shot. Talk about a wall of lead! Who needs full auto?

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Dang.... now there is a shotgun collection.

Its like anything else.... When you get into hand guns... Its just a matter of time before you are thinking about what kind of 1911 to get.

Nice collection!!!!

I use different shotguns for different jobs...the best tool is one that best does the job at hand.

For 3 gun matches my 1100 does a great job with it's 10+1 capacity.
    1100a-1.jpg

For HD and deer my HK/Benelli 121M with a extra barrel easily handles both jobs.
    121m1.jpg

For clays games the Valmet 512 gets the nod...
    valmet412.jpg

Or if reduced recoil is desired for clays I will grab the Beretta White Onyx in 20 ga...
    ber5.jpg

Upland game is best handled with a SXS in my opinion, for larger game like pheasant my Winchester 24 in 16ga is great medicine...
    winchester.jpg

for doves either a 20 or 28 ga is preferred, my Stoeger Supreme combo does both gauges...
    sto1.jpg

Should a vintage shoot be in the offing then a Parker shows a bit of class...
    parkerp.jpg

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have one of those stoeger supremes, LOVE it. also a few others, Im working on an 870 collection presently, I have all but the 28 gauge in 870 express...

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I just skipped all the steps and went straight to a Saiga 12:D

My first shotgun was a Winchester 37 single 16. Then I acquired an 870 and then a Saiga.

Here's my shotgun sob story and vital missing peice of my shotgun progression. When I was young (9 y/o) I would shoot my grandfather's Belgium Sweet 16 in turkey shoots and won several with it. All the older guys loved "the kid" taking home some turkeys and ham. I loved that shotgun and looked forward to the day I would get it. Then one day last year I'm talking guns with my grandfather and ask about it. He tells me "I sold it last week." Freaking out, I ask why and for how much? He says, "one of the guys I drink coffee with offered me $350 for it. He also bought my Colt Police Positive 32 for $75."

I didn't know whether to :puke:or :(, so I did both. My grandfather experienced the same when I shared with him what I've seen those guns sell for in that condition (along with a request to please not sale another gun without consulting me- especially his Lew Horton unfired Model 24).

Top Bottom