Norinco 982/Pardner Protector INGO opinion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    My plan was to get a Maverick 88, but money got even tighter. It seems these Rem. 870 chinese clones are cheaper and built like a tank. They get great reviews on the Internet, but what are your opinions ingo?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Pardner Protector and I am pretty impressed with it. I got it new for under 200 bucks out the door. I already had a Mossy 500 and was just wanting a 2nd shotty to have around and figured for the price I would give it a shot. I do not have any regrets about the purchase. Like alread posted above, it is an 870 clone.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Copy and paste from another thread on the 982/Pardner:

I had a Hawk 982 for awhile. I sold a Pardner Pump to fund it. Really the same gun for the most part beside for the 982 has the ghost rings and doesn't have the Browning style humpback. Overall, a solid shotgun. More rough around the edges than Remington. It has more steel parts than a Remington 870. I got mine off Gunbroker from Max100 who also sold custom mag tube extensions for it. Normal 870 tubes fit but extend past the barrel since the Hawk capacity is 5+1 (870 standard is 4+1). I'm not that big of a shotgun guy and have no problem with most Chinese guns (love my Norinco MAK90). I sold it off though to fund another project. Last summer, I bought a Parnder Pump again. For basic entry level shotguns there are fine.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You going to send it back to china when something does break and needs serviced?

Do you send your Tauruses back to Brazil, your CZs back to the Czech Republic, or your Springfield XDs back to Croatia? No, you send them back to the US importer. That would be Interstate Arms Corp for the 982, or New England Firearms for the Pardner.

Politics aside, the guns being made in China :runaway: is a non-issue.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Ive had a Pardner protector for 5 years now and its always been a good gun for me but for the money the finish isnt so excellent and they can be a little rough on the action but I love mine

Top Bottom