• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    They are well built. I have one of the first carbines. IMO they are better than the Bushmasters. Mines been accurate and reliable.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Here we go. I own an older model Bushmaster e2s. It has been 100% reliable, as long as it's properly maintained, and it's on par in terms of accuracy. I have read and seen some You Tube videos that their newer models are having issues. I have fired a Colt, Oly, Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, and a Spikes. I'll tell you that I could tell no difference. I have heard great things about the M&P's, but have not had a chance to fire one.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Here we go. I own an older model Bushmaster e2s. It has been 100% reliable, as long as it's properly maintained, and it's on par in terms of accuracy. I have read and seen some You Tube videos that their newer models are having issues. I have fired a Colt, Oly, Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, and a Spikes. I'll tell you that I could tell no difference. I have heard great things about the M&P's, but have not had a chance to fire one.

I don't have any compliants about my Bushmaster. IMO it's not finished over as well as the S&W. I even think the Smith is has a better overall finished old than my Colt.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Solid pieces. I'd have it over a Bushhampster if I had to have either.

I think Las Wages SQUAT ran into some problems with their Smith AR-15s, but at last report had them squared away.

A couple of years Pat Rogers of EAG ran a Smith carbine really hard. I think it was the April or May 2008 issue of SWAT magazine.

Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch told me around Las Wages SQUAT problems but the Smith ARs that he shoots run like sewing machines.

Buy one, get a carbine class so you know how to run it, then buy two more and a bunch of magazines.

brent george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    decatur county
    thank you everyone for the comments, i will be attending the 1500 this wkend looking to make a purchase of a quality ar, i had purchased a bushmaster at the last 1500 but never had the pleasure of firing it, and a buddy made me an offer i couldnt refuse for it, so it is gone, and needs to be replaced......

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have nothing but praise for my S&W MP15, great rifles at great prices IMHO, I do not own the S&W MP15 "sport" model though so I can't really comment on those.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have the absolute base model, M&P 15 Sport. No forward assist and no ejection port cover. Very reliable so far. A lot of fun for a plinker. If I were in the sandbox I'd want the added features....

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I bought a stripped DMPS lower last summer and starting building it up. I was going to build the upper too, but I found a flat top S&W complete carbine upper pretty cheap. I have to say that it is really nice and shoot 1/2" groups with inexpensive American Eagle Ammo. It fits super tight to my lower and I would say that is because of the S&W upper not the DPMS lower. From everything I have read they seem to use better materials overall than say DPMS, Stag etc. (maybe just slightly) and maybe almost on the same plane as Colt and equal to Bushmaster. That is my long winded way of saying that you can't go wrong with either. my :twocents:

I am a visual person so here is a pic:

picture.php

Good Luck

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    It really makes no sense to buy anything but (no particular order) BCM, Spikes, Palmetto State Armory, DD. They are price at the same level or just slightly more for far better level of quality!!!!

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    DD ill give you

BCM? are you kidding me?

Right, I don't understand. High pressure, mag particle tested, chromed, nice quality feed ramps. I'm in the testing business (mag particle being one method) and personally, I like the fact that my barrel is inspected for defects. :twocents:

Not a hiccup out of my upper yet. :D

Top Bottom