• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nbur1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    St. John
    Hello all, I had a quick question for you AR guys, since this is all kind of new to me. Any suggestions or info I would greatly appreciate it

I've been in the market for a AR to help build my collection and today I was offered a Colt AR-15 A2 Hbar Sporter from a friend for $500. I was curious to see if this was a decent price. It has a full stock, and un-detachable carry handle, and im assuming a "20 barrel.
    I checked it over and it needs a good cleaning and the stock is a little worn, almost like its fading.

The Markings I found on it are
    Ser. SP 22xxxx
    5.56 NATO 1/7 CMP Hbar on the Barrel

From what I've researched im guessing it was made around 1973? That is if I read it right.

Nbur1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    St. John
    He still has it. I was on my motorcycle and told him I'd get back to him tonight about it if not tomorrow.
    Also I don't know if its all original I didn't look at anything else. Is there any other stamping's that I should take a gander at?

acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    NB, I think you need to pass on it, please pm me his phone number!!! i have a Colt pre ban with a 20" H Bar this gun of mine is sweet!! I am getting readt to post it on the Midwest site for $895.00 and I won't take less. Does this Colt have triangle hand gaurds? What is the upper reciver, A1, A2, A3???? The A1 will have a little wheel on the right side for rear sight ad., A2 will have a big wheel running flat same as the barrel. If you need any help, you are welcome to pm me with any questions.
    Greg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hello all, I had a quick question for you AR guys, since this is all kind of new to me. Any suggestions or info I would greatly appreciate it

I've been in the market for a AR to help build my collection and today I was offered a Colt AR-15 A2 Hbar Sporter from a friend for $500. I was curious to see if this was a decent price. It has a full stock, and un-detachable carry handle, and im assuming a "20 barrel.
    I checked it over and it needs a good cleaning and the stock is a little worn, almost like its fading.

The Markings I found on it are
    Ser. SP 22xxxx
    5.56 NATO 1/7 CMP Hbar on the Barrel

From what I've researched im guessing it was made around 1973? That is if I read it right.

My Colt SP1 s/n 87xxx was made in 1978.....so yours would probably be late 80's at least I would think.

Nbur1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    St. John
    NB, I think you need to pass on it, please pm me his phone number!!! i have a Colt pre ban with a 20" H Bar this gun of mine is sweet!! I am getting readt to post it on the Midwest site for $895.00 and I won't take less. Does this Colt have triangle hand gaurds? What is the upper reciver, A1, A2, A3???? The A1 will have a little wheel on the right side for rear sight ad., A2 will have a big wheel running flat same as the barrel. If you need any help, you are welcome to pm me with any questions.
    Greg

It has a circular hand guard. The upper has two wheels on the handle...one running horizontal and one on the right of the sight running vertical. I appreciate it lungger.

Gunner...You're probably right. I had a feeling I read it wrong. But thanks

So from the sounds of everyone I guess the best thing to do would be to pass his number to another fellow INGO member. But since I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, I will go and pick it up tomorrow from him.

Top Bottom