• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My new Ruger 77 44 mag shot really well. I had excellent groupings at 70 yards. I mounted a Nikon Prostaff 2-7X32 scope on it and shot 240 gr WWB softpoints.

Now to the bad, it bruised the hell out of me. Has anyone bought a recoil pad for theirs that worked well? Or do you know a good model that will fit?

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    my dad has a henry big boy in .44mag, put almost the same exact scope as you on it, went with the 3-9x40. he picked up a pachmayr slip on because his has the brass buttplate on the back and didn't want to fiddle with it. it does a decent job, and you can take it off to show off the stock when not in use.

Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads

just measure the stock and pick your size

oh, and

:postpics:

Last edited:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've hunted with the 77/44 for a couple years now and I've put a burris fastfire2 on it, I don't know what kind of country you hunt in but I hunt brush but have taken shots out to 125yds, I hunted with a puma with the 2-7 on it and we didn't get along, in low light I had trouble with the scope at close range

good luck, btw my gun really like the lever evolution 225's and I've dusted several deer with them and the perform great

Top Bottom