• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ok, so I got this from my dad. He used to shoot it regularly, but when they moved to town, he obviously cant just go out back and shoot. It has sat roughly 10 years, and now I have it. Truthfully, I know nothing about it. Can anyone shed some light as far as worth, etc?

I wouldnt mind shooting it, as I have never shot a muzzleloader, so getting it cleaned up real good is a priority, and not blowing face off would be a great benefit. Anyone help would be appreciated.

-MColford

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Good luck finding bullets for it. Most everything the stores carry now is .50 not .54. My Boss hunts with one he loves it. He says by a conical bullet mold for it ASAP. Other than that it's a great shooter.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I have a .50 TC Renegade in the left-handed variety. It shoots the round balls very accurately. They are nice guns!

Lots of on-line dealers carry the .54 stuff (Midway/etc.) Just google-fu ".54 round ball"

I would contacting TC for an owner's manual for nothing else than to read & have. There is nothing special about TC muzzle-loaders. Find a book or try the on-line resources.

Then you get to make lots-o-decisions.....round ball or bullet? REAL blackpowder or substitute?

I just love going to the range and getting visitors from the next berm...."I wondered what the heck you were shooting over here!"

Also, regardles what type of powder you use, plan on cleaning it as soon as possible after shooting. BP and the primers can cause rust if not cleaned promptly, but can be cleaned with HOT soap & water. It's really easy, but must be done soon. I suggest Ballistol - it cleans and protects. :twocents:

Welcome to the darkside!

ol' poke

Top Bottom