• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • get_armbarred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Crown Point
    Title says it. Im looking for an entry level AR (under $1000) that still has quality and features like a dust cover and forward assist. I will eventually add a rail, scope and fore grip. I've been looking at a smith & wesson m&p and bushmaster. Not really looking to build because it freaks me out.

Thanks Ryan

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    $1000 dollars is a very WIDE range......you can get Olympics from Bradis for around $600 which would leave you with enough for accessories, or even better a lot of practice ammo.....but $1000 you can get pretty much any brand....or are you asking for rifle specs rather than brand?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    $1000 dollars is a very WIDE range......

Indeed. In fact, MOST of our AR-15s run less than that! I might suggest something in the S&W M&P-15, Rock River or Stag Arms families, which usually run in the mid-$800s. Alternatively, we have a number of guns set up with various accessories for your one-stop-shopping pleasure, many of which are right around the $1000 mark.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Hello and Welcome to INGO!
    This is one great forum with some great individuals...
    Now I may get flamed a bit for this but...

Here is my AR-a DPMS Sportical...
    This kind of what it looks like when you buy it new...

Really no thrills...
    No Chrome lined barrel
    No Forward Assist
    No Dust Cover

I call it more of a CDR, "Civil Defense Rifle"
    Here is a little review of it when I got it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...poor_mans_ar_build_and_review.html?highlight=

For being a "South Paw" Ive never had an issue with not having the standard stuff an AR comes with-It simply shoots great!

Buds sells them pretty cheap!
    Link:
    Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

This is how it looks today-
    Its extremely light, and I have never had an issue shooting this "budget" CDR
    So this is just my opinion, but if money is an issue....

Maybe this is something that may work for you!
    Again welcome to :ingo:

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    Indeed. In fact, MOST of our AR-15s run less than that! I might suggest something in the S&W M&P-15, Rock River or Stag Arms families, which usually run in the mid-$800s. Alternatively, we have a number of guns set up with various accessories for your one-stop-shopping pleasure, many of which are right around the $1000 mark.

Three solid entry level AR's

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Stag and RRA or even a Bushmaster would be a fine choice. And Bradis is a great place to pick up your first AR.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Initially Kidd...I would have had to agree with you, being prior service I was use to the norm...went through a couple Bushmasters, and by the time I set them up the way I wanted them they just didnt "fit" the part.

I bought the DPMS when money was tight, slowly built it up, changed it, had it up for sale...and it stills sits in the safe. Its never let me down and I actually like the looks and performance! So with that....Im sold! :D

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    yeah...between what was issued to me, personal purchases, and personal builds for my collection....I don't think there's a brand out there that I haven't had/used....but never without the forward assist...which was entirely an after thought in it's original design anyway in response to consistent malfunctions in the field and testing....so I think that's what makes me really skiddish of the those without it.......I pretty much build all of mine now though..I save considerable cash this way

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Dog if you don't mind, what do you have into your AR?

you can build an AR 16" or 20" flat top with carry handle starting at $600 on up...depending on your shopping skills and patience for the slightly better deals......unless I come across an amazing deal from someone needing money...I build all of mine anymore

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't buy ANYTHING without checking gunbroker first....that's my price reference.....you can get COMPLETE uppers on there all the time for $400-$420 shipped

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Title says it. Im looking for an entry level AR (under $1000) that still has quality and features like a dust cover and forward assist. I will eventually add a rail, scope and fore grip. I've been looking at a smith & wesson m&p and bushmaster. Not really looking to build because it freaks me out.

Thanks Ryan

I see your in Crown Point, just like me. I am on the Blythes weekly email list, and they had the S&W Optic Ready AR for $799 last week(In Valpo), which is a KILLER deal. That would have everything you need, all you have to do is buy back up sights or an optic, and go shooting.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    also check out auctionarms.com here on INGO and armslist is ok occasionally, but most of the time it's people who think that their used gun is worth the price of a new one at a dealer....but I still check it every day just in case....I've made a lot of deals out of it regardless....picked up an AK in excellent condition with 5 mags and over 600 rounds in an ammo can for $400.....pretty good deal

Top Bottom