• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cwood is a drug dealer. :D

After doing some initial reading on the .300BLK I was eager to actually shoot one at this year's NFA Day. Cwood of Indiana Supply Depot was kind enough to bring a couple of uppers with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hq-WhuZKsc

Now I'm *almost* hooked. ;)

Basically you have an AR-15 in 5.56 that, with a simple barrel change, can now shoot .300BLK, giving you 30cal ballistics in a 5.56 package. Same bolt carrier group, same magazines, same capacity, same upper, same lower. Only now, rather than a 55gr projectile, you are sending 220gr projectiles that suppress like a 9mm. :eek:

Sounds too good to be true, right?

The only thing that needs to catch up is ammo supply and support. It is easier if you roll your own, but factory stuff is still pretty rare and pricey. If support grows for this caliber, I will definitely need a short .300BLK upper.

So if you are reading this thread, please get on this bandwagon with me so we can drive ammo prices down together. :laugh:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm with Evan... it was awesome to shoot. Thanks again CWood! :rockwoot:

Now, once everyone else buys one and drives ammo prices down, I'll think about it :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    What kind of case is used? Is this a 5.56 necked up to .30? If so what is the ballistics of this round, kinda sounds like a TC30. I can't imagine how weak this would be with no real bang behind it. I guess its another attempt to re-invent the 30 cal, just this time for silent plinking.

Maybe my ignorance is just to much, I will admit it was cool to see and silent as can be.

300blk_556pic_2-tfb.jpg

Last edited:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    For those that don't want to wait I should have ISD Arms 300BLK uppers in stock around the end of October.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Cwood is a drug dealer. :D

After doing some initial reading on the .300BLK I was eager to actually shoot one at this year's NFA Day. Cwood of Indiana Supply Depot was kind enough to bring a couple of uppers with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hq-WhuZKsc

Now I'm *almost* hooked. ;)

Basically you have an AR-15 in 5.56 that, with a simple barrel change, can now shoot .300BLK, giving you 30cal ballistics in a 5.56 package. Same bolt carrier group, same magazines, same capacity, same upper, same lower. Only now, rather than a 55gr projectile, you are sending 220gr projectiles that suppress like a 9mm. :eek:

Sounds too good to be true, right?

The only thing that needs to catch up is ammo supply and support. It is easier if you roll your own, but factory stuff is still pretty rare and pricey. If support grows for this caliber, I will definitely need a short .300BLK upper.

So if you are reading this thread, please get on this bandwagon with me so we can drive ammo prices down together. :laugh:

you buy me the upper and I will make it my main battle rifle.:D

JollyGreen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Indiana
    I've been kicking around the idea of going this route.. If ammo becomes more common, and cheaper I will have to get me one.. Its just too cool to pass up!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just found some ballistics, this round is fairly comparable to the 7.62x39.

Out of a 16" barrel
    Varies bullet weighs from 110 to about 124gr had about 2000-2200 fps.

300-BLK-123.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I can push that same bullet in .243 at 3000fps with only 10" drop at 350yrds, I think you gun is cool, but I'd rather have a shooter ;)

I could care less what the 300BLK does at 350 yards. I just want to quietly vaporize zombies from across the room. :laugh:

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I'm waiting for upper prices to come down a bit. I haven't seen anything cheaper than $600. As cool as the round is, I can't justify it at that price.
    I have thought about building my own, but I haven't seen any barrel prices yet.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    ISD Arms uppers will be int he neighborhood of $600 with a VTAC rail and BCG.

I will eventually have just barrels for sale but the initial batch will be for builds.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok we are now at 19 replies in this thread. How many of you have bought uppers yet? Let's go people! :laugh:

Top Bottom