• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Clean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Today at the 1500, I bought a new quad-rail free float hand guard, a new collapsible stock and a sling mount, however i discovered the installation of said items is out of my league...... I have kicked around the idea of picking up some tools, however I have not gotten it done.....HELP ME PLEASE. :dunno:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    those items, though daunting at first, really aren't that hard. lot's of data on the internet. you're in indy, so i'd check with bigcraig.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    bigcraig builds lowers almost as well as ATM.;)

:rofl:

*build party joke*

Seriously, there are many members here with tools willing to help. I'll bet a few will offer.:yesway:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    If you feel like trekking out to Bownsburg tomorrow I am happy to help you... Easy stuff;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I bought a new quad-rail free float hand guard, a new collapsible stock and a sling mount

As the others have said, this is really pretty simple, but I found things like this daunting until I got into it.

Before you get started with the collapsible stock, my first question is did you buy ALL the parts to go with it? The standard fixed stock is held on with 1 screw, no biggie. But is attaches to a full length buffer tube/assembly. The carbine length assembly is shorter and shaped differently, it also requires a different spring and different buffer tube and those are held on with a different nut. You need all the parts to affect the change.

Similar questions would revolve around the free float quad-rail up front.

If you have all the parts this is intimidating at first but you'll find its really simple when you get into it.

Mr Clean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Parts is Parts...

Good question, I did get a new buffer tube, spring and comensator, along with a castle nut, and the sling spacer. As far as the hand guard, I already had a free float hand guard so i guess that would be a pretty simple swap ( well I guess not, or I would not have started this thread:laugh:)

Mr Clean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    BIG +1 for JcJ

:yesway: :yesway: A huge thank you to JcJ for taking time out of his Sunday to help a rookie switch some things out on the new AR, I would never (seriously NEVER) have gotten done without him. Goes to prove if you need help just drop a thread and you will be fixed up in no time :chest:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    :yesway: :yesway: A huge thank you to JcJ for taking time out of his Sunday to help a rookie switch some things out on the new AR, I would never (seriously NEVER) have gotten done without him. Goes to prove if you need help just drop a thread and you will be fixed up in no time :chest:

My pleasure, happy to help,, anytime.. :cool:

Top Bottom