• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    A friend of mine has one of these, its a Golden 39A Mountie with serial #S228xx, it has the rifle stock and golden trigger. I know these are worth a good amount, my question is there a more valuable model for this year, and is there an add on accessory to look for that would make it worth more?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A friend of mine has one of these, its a Golden 39A Mountie with serial #S228xx, it has the rifle stock and golden trigger. I know these are worth a good amount, my question is there a more valuable model for this year, and is there an add on accessory to look for that would make it worth more?

Marlin collectors like them to be original. Anything added on will detract from value. Among Marlin collectors, the older the better and condition is everything. They are $400-$600 depending on condition, year made, pre safety, etc...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Your mountie was born in 1959 as the S in the serial number,

That year there were 8,769 made as regular rifles and 1,084 made and shipped with a factory marlin 4 power scope and scope mount. That would have been the only factory upgrade.

Other than that It is just a golden mountie. Now some will argue that yours is not a true Mountie since it is a golden. and the golden 39a M is not a mountie at all.Not me if it is a straight stocked 20 or if a K serial number 24 inch barrel it is a mountie.

Marlin used to sell a leather sling in the 1980's you could get them for 10 dollars.

No special runs were made in 1959, The factory did not really jump on to the special run bandwagon yet.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I have one from that same year. It's an incredible rifle in every respect. I think I gave $350 for mine about 2 years ago at a gun show. Mine has the factory scope mount, but not the scope.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes they are real easy to pick out they have the carved tree rat in the stock.

90TH ANNIVERSARY 39A RIFLE
    24 in. chrome barrel and action, select checkered walnut stock, carved squirrel on side of buttstock. 500 mfg. in 1960.

90TH ANNIVERSARY MODEL 39M MOUNTIE CARBINE
    Similar to 90th Anniversary Model 39A, except 20 in. barrel, straight stock. 500 mfg. in 1960.

Hsould be a T serial number but maybe they used to remaining S recievers.

I have not seen one in a while. I have an uncle with the full 39a 60Th aniversary model.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I have a Golden 39-M Dad bought used in the seventies. Gold trigger, straight stock. He added a Weaver scope. Don't remember off hand what letter is in the serial no.

Top Bottom