Marksman

Looking for manual for Stevens 87D .22 rifle

Afternoon all!

Stopped by the new gun shop on McGalliard in Muncie this morning. Took a shotgun that I bought at the gunshow earlier in the month and traded it towards the .22. I am looking for a manual as the rifle is in need of a good cleaning, action is a bit tough.

One other question. The side of the barrell says use LR only for auto, I know its a semi-auto, but is it fully auto as well?

Wanted to add, the guys working in the shop are top notch! Extremely friendly and knowledgable! I will be going back again!
    Last edited by darend505; 12-27-2011 at 10:41.

No. it's no full auto. They are recommending Long rifle ammo. Not shorts or longs. The gun may not re-cock itself with the others.
    America is the land of the free. Americans is silently turning this country into the land of the free ride.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by yotewacker View Post
    No. it's no full auto. They are recommending Long rifle ammo. Not shorts or longs. The gun may not re-cock itself with the others.
    I didn't think it was. Thank you for the quick response!

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Thank you for the link, but I think I will try and hold out for a free copy somewhere.

Get me one too. If that is the gun I think it is the LR for semi-auto means what was stated above. That being said, you can run longs and shorts as a bolt action. The charging handle pushes in to lock the action. Pull out, back, forward and in. Repeat.

My Dad just gave me one from the "40's or "50's. It never worked the whole time I was grwoing up. Took it to a Smith in Mitchell and two weeks and $40 bucks runs like a top. Very cool gun.
    Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean nobody is out to get you.

Oh yeah. Try rimfire central for more inforamtion on this gun. IIRC it is under old Savages or something to that affect.
    Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean nobody is out to get you.

Marksman
    No luck to find a manual yet, but I did figure out the mech was different. Had not seen one like it before. It was not sutck, just set in place.

Still want to find a lever and bolt action .22!