• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm considering buying an NEF handi-rifle. I love the idea of being able to swap out barrels. I see that you need to send your reciever etc. to the factory to have accessory barrels hand fit. Once you've recieved your new barrel can you easily change between barrels without handfitting? Thanks

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm looking into these myself. Greybeard outdoors site has an extensive amount of info on these rifles. I'm hoping to get a .44 mag whenever they become available again.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    If they are fit by the factory, you can swap back and forth until your hearts content.

They do have several restrictions based on the serial number of the gun though, some of the receivers are apparently proofed higher than others. 270W for sure.

If you call them, that's the first thing they'll ask - and it used to be on their website as well.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm considering buying an NEF handi-rifle. I love the idea of being able to swap out barrels. I see that you need to send your reciever etc. to the factory to have accessory barrels hand fit. Once you've recieved your new barrel can you easily change between barrels without handfitting? Thanks

Yes

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    I'm looking into these myself. Greybeard outdoors site has an extensive amount of info on these rifles. I'm hoping to get a .44 mag whenever they become available again.

There's a .44 mag with synthetic stock and scope up for sale here - the member selling it is a stand-up guy.

HUNTING INDIANA - NEF PCR .44mag

Last weekend I saw a .44mag with wood stock and rifle sights at Gander Mountain in Greenwood - hadn't seen one with the rifle sights before. If I hadn't just picked up one at local gun shop after Christmas I would've bought it. I think it was $250 or so. If I recall correctly there was a guy on Greybeard selling a .44 before Christmas due to medical bills, along with a .357/20ga combo and I'm not sure if he ever sold it.

I've now got .357 mag and .44 mag rifles for my kids to deer hunt with.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got one w/ three barrels , # matching.223,308,22,hornet.308 barrel fits real loose.afraid to shoot it.some barrels fit some dont even same ser, #.just check this out if buying used.i didnt.

Top Bottom