Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yugo M48A Serial Numbers

Just picked up a Yugo M48A Mauser today, and I can't seem to find any info that ties serial numbers to date of manufacture. Google just turns up other forums with people looking for the same info, but no answers. Does anyone have a good source for this sort of information? The serial number (all matching) is 65274.

Shooter
    Wow!

Awesome rifle.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Wales View Post
    Wow!

Awesome rifle.

Congrats!
    Thanks! Taking it and the Garand to my sister's place tomorrow. Probably the AK too. You workin'?

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Thanks! Taking it and the Garand to my sister's place tomorrow. Probably the AK too. You workin'?
    Sadly, I am.

Plinker
    probably late 40"s very early fifty"s. did you get that at the indy gun show today saw one and then saw a man purchase it with a few bandoliers of ammo. believe that is turkish ammo so don't be surprised if you need to install a 22# spring. turkish primers are pretty hard, but doesn't mean anything is wrong with the gun. i looked at it but was more in the market for german k98's today. very nice looking rifle if it is the one i looked at. good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by 2in1evtime View Post
    probably late 40"s very early fifty"s. did you get that at the indy gun show today saw one and then saw a man purchase it with a few bandoliers of ammo. believe that is turkish ammo so don't be surprised if you need to install a 22# spring. turkish primers are pretty hard, but doesn't mean anything is wrong with the gun. i looked at it but was more in the market for german k98's today. very nice looking rifle if it is the one i looked at. good luck with it
    Yeah, I'm guessing early 50's (51-53 maybe)

That could very well have been me, if it was around 11:45 or so! I'd been eying one of these for quite awhile. A gun store I frequent had them for 100 less than he was asking (without ammo) and they were pretty rough, so I think I did alright, especially since he threw in the 3 bandoliers of ammo. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how it does with the ammo!

Plinker
    enjoy enjoy enjoy and expect to be around 6 inches high at 100 yards these rifles were sighted at 200 yards to start i love em

enjoy enjoy enjoy and expect to be around 6 inches high at 100 yards these rifles were sighted at 200 yards to start i love em
    Is it safe to assume that the ammo I got is corrosive? I was planning on treating it as such.

Plinker
    yessir clean it as soon as you get home i use windex with ammonia for starters, make sure you get the chamber good too then normal cleaning

yessir clean it as soon as you get home i use windex with ammonia for starters, make sure you get the chamber good too then normal cleaning
    Okay, I'll treat it like my Mosins. I fill my Mosin oiler with windshield washer fluid and run a few wet patches down the bore while it's still hot. Makes regular cleaning really easy too after I get home! Thanks for the confirmation!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast