• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmr23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have a 22LR Magnum made by Savage, it is a model 65M I believe. I always used it for groundhogs and other varmints and it has been a great gun. Problem is I haven't used it in several years and when i took it to the range a few days ago, the magazine doesn't seem to fit right and it often won't chamber the round correctly. I looked on-line for a new magazine at Midway USA but they are back ordered. Also, this mag only holds 5 rounds, I did see a larger one but I can't tell if it is for the longer LR Magnums or just the regular LR's. Any suggestions?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Any suggestions

I have a 22LR Magnum made by Savage, it is a model 65M I believe. I always used it for groundhogs and other varmints and it has been a great gun. Problem is I haven't used it in several years and when i took it to the range a few days ago, the magazine doesn't seem to fit right and it often won't chamber the round correctly. I looked on-line for a new magazine at Midway USA but they are back ordered. Also, this mag only holds 5 rounds, I did see a larger one but I can't tell if it is for the longer LR Magnums or just the regular LR's. Any suggestions?

Welcome to INGO...

I have not seen any .22 rimfire that would chamber .22 Short, Long, or Long Rifle, AND also .22 Magnum??

Check the barrel for caliber description: It should say EITHER S,L,and LR--.22 LR. only--OR .22 Magnum??

Report back with proper description, and someone here may be able to help you.

If not, and you don't mind the extra work, get to the Indy 1500 Gun Show next week, at the State Fair Grounds, and you probably can find a new/used mag.?? Bill.

Bmr23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry, I re-read my post and see how confusing it was. This gun will only chamber 22LR Magnums. The magazines I was looking at on line say they fit several models including a 65 but I guess that doesn't mean a 65M? The barrel says 22 WIN. MAGNUM R. F. ONLY

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I found some for you...

Quick check at gunbroker.com

They, at this time, have two listings for your 65M=.22 Magnum Rifle.

Can be had for $35-40.00 with shipping....Bill.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    No Problem...

Sorry, I re-read my post and see how confusing it was. This gun will only chamber 22LR Magnums. The magazines I was looking at on line say they fit several models including a 65 but I guess that doesn't mean a 65M? The barrel says 22 WIN. MAGNUM R. F. ONLY

FWIW: I would use the first listing on GB.
    That CO. is known for GREAT service, and would be your best source for a to your door delivery of your Magazines--Heck order several!! HA HA...Bill.

Bmr23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Actually, I just looked and the Gun & Knife show is coming here to FW this weekend. I think I will go take a look around. Thanks!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    March 16,17,+18...

What are the dates of the Indy gun Show?

Your choice, but if all you need (Gun related) is a mag. for your rifle, the entry/parking to the Indy 1500 show, will cost you $15.00???

If you like gun shows, it is worth it, but that $15.00 would pay your shipping from NY., on your Mags.

Just a thought...Bill.

Top Bottom