• vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Cool!
    By the time you buy a Saiga 12 and add all the mods, it would be cheaper to just buy this vepr!

...and you still wouldn't have anything close to a Vepr 12

New "Molot" products bound for the US Vepr-12 Tactical Shotgun

This is the holy grail of Ak shotguns at an outstanding price. Remember when you could first buy saiga 12's for $300.00 and now they've doubled? History will likely repeat itself. The rumor (i know, i know :rolleyes:) is they are only importing 1,000 this year and they'll go so fast it'll make your head spin.

Just ordered mine from atlantic. For those of you that need it, they offer a layaway option and you can put a couple hundred down to reserve one. These are factory conversions. If you pre order with atlantic you get an extra magazine.

You can also pre order with tac47 industries who will be getting them from Mach 1 arsenal. Mississippi auto arms has them as well.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yes, the parts on the legion are cast not milled. Vepr is higher quality. The legion isn't converted, you have to spend more to make it correct. I expect either the legions to drop in price or the veprs to jump a few hundred. I, like many others, would've paid $500 more for this gun unconverted.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    A comment in the thread I jacked this link from also agreed that these are the "holy grail" for 3-gun tournament shotguns. What makes them better than a converted Saiga?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll try and break it down.

Run of the mill Saiga 12: Price unconverted/Converted 600/$989

Rock n lock magazines (not magwell, drop free mags)

No last round bolt hold open

you regulate the gas system by changing the settings manually

Gas block as well as other parts is cast metal

Standard dust cover (not hinged)

standard AK safety lever

Molot Vepr 12: Price FACTORY converted...or unchanged from the factory $999

Hinged dust cover with a picatinny rail

Original Molot Polymer Pistol Grip

Original Molot Polymer Lower Handguard

Original Molot Polymer Upper Handguard

Molot Self-Regulating Gas System

Domestic Black Polymer rear buttstock may vary

Original Molot Competition Magazine Well

One Original Molot Factory 5 round Magazine

Molot Factory AK adjustable rear sight

Molot Original AK enhanced safety lever, single finger operation

Factory chrome lined barrel, chamber, receiver shaft and gas chamber

Factory last round bolt hold open

Factory threaded barrel (thread pattern is the same as Saiga)

Factory machined bolt assembly, gas blocks etc. (not cast like other AK shotguns)

The price for what you get is insane. The closest competition is the saiga 030, but those come to the states needing to be converted so you still have the old trigger holes and what not. Yes most of the features are the same, save a few cosmetic differences, but the build quality should be way better on the Vepr. Molot is regarded as the best Russia has to offer...sort of the Noveske of the Ak world. The price of a converted 030 is $1,200, and that's with a tapco stock, etac trigger guard, and tapco saw grip...yuk. Even if the Saiga 030 was imported in its factory condition (not neutered) they should still be cheaper than a Molot Vepr 12. Like i said...i wouldn't bat an eye to drop $1500 on one and consider it a good deal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EawokI-6eb4&feature=related[/ame]

Save yourself $200.00 and get the real deal.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    by the way the picture in that starts the video is a saga 12 030 not a vepr but the movie is all vepr

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I didn't see mags on the Atlantic site, can you order them when you pre-order the shotgun?

I don't think they have them yet, but they said they would have them later for $40.00.
    From atlantic:
    "We will be offering extra Russian $40.00 and US SGM Vepr 10 round mags $39.00 and 12 round mags $40.00"

cool but not practical for me...i have a pump shotgun for up close and personal ...ar and bolt guns for anything else

It certainly isn't for everybody. The benefits over an 870 would be the fact that it's semi auto, reloads faster, holds more rounds, and those rounds are located in the middle of the gun instead of the front for better balance. Another nice thing about a magazine fed system is you can easily switch from a mag of buck to a mag of slugs should you need to make those longer distance shots. If it were me and i could only own one long gun...this would be it. Ak reliability in a shotgun made by Molot with a silly low price tag...sign me up.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If it were me and i could only own one long gun...this would be it. Ak reliability in a shotgun made by Molot with a silly low price tag...sign me up.

I am sooooo freaking tempted to buy one of these.

Yu two and Clay are like the witches from MacBeth. Your evil whisperings keep worming their way into my head, making me buy things.

Yeah, pre-ordered one today.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Snorko welcome to the INGO elite! High five

I made a mistake a while back and didn't buy a crap ton of SGL 21's when Kvar was selling them for $500...i won't make that mistake again. My theory here is that the Veprs will be similar to the Tigrs that were imported oh so long ago for a few hundred dollars...and are now worth thousands. Even if you could give a **** about the significance of owning one or the projected value down the road, you've got to admit they're really cool and worth the money. In my opinion you can't afford NOT to buy one.

Clay, if you don't get one i'm gonna heave a cinderblock through the window of that fine ride of yours ...Tradertator, if you don't get one i'm gonna kick over your moped in front of all your friends and laugh on into the night.

Join us. All the cool kids are doing it.

Now hopefully my "this webpage will harm your computer" thing won't go all goofy and allow me to post since i'm not using pictures and smiley faces.

Top Bottom