• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    So as I am starting to plan my next "project gun" I need some help. I am looking to (as best I can) transform a Ruger Mini-14 or Mini-30 into the best M1A Socom 16 clone that I can.

I am thinking that I can start with the "Tactical" model Mini with the 16.12" barrel and synthetic stock and would plan to add:
    • Accustrut (for looks mainly)
    • Ultimak top rail/handguard
    • forward optic (suggestions?)
    Anyone familiar with the Socom 16 - can you tell me what else I would be missing to get "the look"? I would like to find a perforated flash hider to replace the standard Ruger bird cage - but don't know if they are available with the same threading.

As I have done in the past I will post some pics of my projects and hopefully motivate a few other INGOers along the way. Here are some of my other project guns:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...paredness/194649-invaluable_survival_gun.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/146915-kel_tec_pf9_melt_job_you_can_do_this.html

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The socom m1a has a muzzlebrake on it not a flash-hider. For that look I would just go with maybe one of the spike's comps or a BCE battlecomp. The ruger has the same thread pattern as ARs.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a SOCOM 16 that Ive been kicking around the idea of selling as it tends to be a safe queen.

If your interested in saving yourself some time and possibley money give me a shout.

Top Bottom