• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Nice they are using aluminum for the receiver vs nylon/plastic. Not much of a trade off in weight I would iamgine. Did you purchase locally and if so who has this in stock for a look?

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nice they are using aluminum for the receiver vs nylon/plastic. Not much of a trade off in weight I would iamgine. Did you purchase locally and if so who has this in stock for a look?

i prefer the aluminum over the nylon/plastic receivers. and bradis has one in stock that has a gas block rail instead of the stock A aperture style front sight. i purchased mine at a local gun store down in nineveh just a few minutes from CAJMTC. i paid a little bit over what bradis was offering for their's. :( but then again, i traded my AK47 with A LOT of extras and paid cash for my AR. Elmores gun shop has i believe 2 windham weaponry AR's very close to the same model i have. bradis has it priced at $850 and i think elmores has them for $850-$950.

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    photobucket-3046-1352736756900.jpg
    [/IMG]

this is how it sits at the moment. MAGPUL MIAD grip;
    Timney 3lb competition drop-in trigger kit;
    PWS muzzle brake;
    Spikes Tactical T2 buffer;
    cheapy NCstar red dot sight;
    forward pistol grip;
    carbine length quad rail;
    "infidel" and the U.S. Flag design ejection port cover;
    VLTOR extended charging handle;
    MAGPUL 1 point sling;

I'm waiting on my Adams Arms piston conversion kit to come in today. then i can install my MAGPUL MBUS front/rear sights. now i'm just trying to figure out if i want to buy a free float hand guard.

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well i got my Adams Arms piston conversion kit. and everything was pretty easy to disassemble except for the front sight tapered pins. other than that, putting together the kit was very easy. the dvd provided with the kit shows and explains everything very well. here are some pictures from beginning to end. and if i might add, the BCG fully assembled with the Adams Arms bolt weighs less than the stock BCG from the rifle fully assembled. at least it feels that way. lol and i also installed my MAGPUL MBUS front/rear sights too. next will be a Free Floating Rail System. let me know what you guys think.

photobucket-6507-1352757370616.jpg
    [/IMG]

photobucket-791-1352771729498.jpg
    [/IMG]

photobucket-18742-1352771730440.jpg
    [/IMG]

photobucket-18740-1352771732175.jpg
    [/IMG]

photobucket-13352-1352771731305.jpg
    [/IMG]

photobucket-14137-1352758029551.jpg
    [/IMG]

photobucket-1251-1352775712065.jpg
    [/IMG]

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    2011323.jpg

My Magpul enhanced Windham SRC for your viewing pleasure.

Troy Fixed battle sights, HK style front sight.
    Magpul MOE handguards with 3 Magpul rail sections
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MIAD trigger guard
    Magpul BAD lever
    Magpul RFG
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle medium sized
    El-cheapo factory Sling.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    looks good kawtech. have any plans for an optic?

how hard was it to install the BAD Lever?

Ive been hinting at my fiance that an Aimpoint PRO would look really good sitting on top of it. We will see how that works out come Christmas.

The BAD lever is easy if you have good dexterity in your fingers. Really it just drops in and the only hard part is not loosing the tiny screw.

How bad is that Adams kit to install? Looks pretty indepth.

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ive been hinting at my fiance that an Aimpoint PRO would look really good sitting on top of it. We will see how that works out come Christmas.

The BAD lever is easy if you have good dexterity in your fingers. Really it just drops in and the only hard part is not loosing the tiny screw.

How bad is that Adams kit to install? Looks pretty indepth.

haha, that's what i'm looking towards as well. i like the smaller optics that are simple and don't weigh to much.

i'm thinking about stopping in the local elmore's gun shop and picking up one of them BAD levers just for the hell of it. :dunno: lol

and the kit is pretty easy to install on the rifle once the rifle is fully taken apart according to the instrustions. the only hard time i had was driving out the tapered pins that hold the front sight on the barrel. i didn't have a front sight block to rest my barrel on so i had to use a crescent wrench underneath the bayonet block to accomodate for the uneven pressure and blows from the hammer i was using. luckily i work at a place that has M4 straightness gauges to check and make sure the barrel isn't bent (which it's not :rockwoot:); other than that, i would suggest rechecking the alignment of the barrel nut for perfect alignment for the drive rod to move freely in and out parralel to the barrel. not being able to move freely will cause the drive rod to somewhat stick against the Gas Plug Assembly. after all is said and done, it's pretty easy. lol.

are you thinking about getting a piston conversion kit for your Windham?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    haha, that's what i'm looking towards as well. i like the smaller optics that are simple and don't weigh to much.

i'm thinking about stopping in the local elmore's gun shop and picking up one of them BAD levers just for the hell of it. :dunno:

are you thinking about getting a piston conversion kit for your Windham?

Unfortunately for me my fiance is still in collage so a $400.00 optic is probably not gonna be under the tree for me this year. :( Books along with clinicals are gonna be rough this year.

Once you use a BAD lever you will never want to own an AR without one again. It makes it so much easier and faster to reload its almost an "unfair advantage". ;)

Nah, Ive got a Ruger SR556 if I want to play with a Piston AR. I acually bought the Windham because I wanted a DI AR again.

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Once you use a BAD lever you will never want to own an AR without one again. It makes it so much easier and faster to reload its almost an "unfair advantage". ;)

Nah, Ive got a Ruger SR556 if I want to play with a Piston AR. I actually bought the Windham because I wanted a DI AR again.

well i didn't end up getting the BAD lever. i saw another piece similar to it but it was $55. so i just left empty handed. lol. and i see where you're coming from as far as having one rifle that's piston operated while the other is DI. i am just a guy who likes to build and add things from stock (nothing against you). and where i have my rifle now, i am at least $600 less in total money spent than a LWRC AR or any other AR that comes "fully tacked out ready to kill" rifle. you know what i mean vern?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    well i didn't end up getting the BAD lever.

i am just a guy who likes to build and add things from stock (nothing against you).

you know what i mean vern?

Oh well some like it others dont, I like the BAD lever.

Hey no worries, to each his own. build, buy, borrow, I dont care. Just shoot the crap out of it and we will get along fine. :yesway:

Yerp. And Vern is fine as long as you dont call me Sherly.

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh well some like it others dont, I like the BAD lever.

Hey no worries, to each his own. build, buy, borrow, I dont care. Just shoot the crap out of it and we will get along fine. :yesway:

Yerp. And Vern is fine as long as you dont call me Sherly.

haha, got it! SHERLY comments.

but no i just didn't know which one i wanted. the expensive one looked cooler while the MAGPUL lever was at or over $20 cheaper. and yes, shooting the crap out of it sounds like a fine wine-n-dine time to me.:ar15:

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    well i have finally made a decision on a accessory rail system. i went with the Samson Evolution Series 7" extended Free Float rail. i can't wait to get it and see how much of a difference it makes.

Evolution-7EX.html

Top Bottom