Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Master Mosinguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota soon...
    Posts
    4,556

    Prices coming back down.

    How dumb do you think people will feel if they realize they got played in '08 and this year panic buying stuff when nothing happens? I'm trading stuff while people are freaking out and when the prices plummet (like they did before after people realized a ban wasn't coming) I'll buy my stuff back PLUS have some other cool stuff. Anyone else have this mindset? Just have to save some cash while I'm at it.

    Please don't tell me a ban is going to happen. Most of America doesn't want a ban for one, two registration/confiscation would be too big of a task for the government to accomplish especially since it's broke. Remember, we hit the fiscal cliff in about 22 hours. People have bigger things to worry about than banning your high capacity assault clip magazines for your Glock .40 Bushmaster brand Deagle assault machine rifle. I just can't wait for the deals to pour in in about a year from people who paid $1,500 for a PSA AR and $1,000 for a WASR.
    Gray man

  2. #2
    Grandmaster IndyDave1776's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,352
    It is a good gamble if it goes down your way, but if you are going to try it, act now, not after it starts cooling down.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

  3. #3
    Teufelshund TopDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosinguy View Post
    How dumb do you think people will feel if they realize they got played in '08 and this year panic buying stuff when nothing happens? I'm trading stuff while people are freaking out and when the prices plummet (like they did before after people realized a ban wasn't coming) I'll buy my stuff back PLUS have some other cool stuff. Anyone else have this mindset? Just have to save some cash while I'm at it.

    Please don't tell me a ban is going to happen. Most of America doesn't want a ban for one, two registration/confiscation would be too big of a task for the government to accomplish especially since it's broke. Remember, we hit the fiscal cliff in about 22 hours. People have bigger things to worry about than banning your high capacity assault clip magazines for your Glock .40 Bushmaster brand Deagle assault machine rifle. I just can't wait for the deals to pour in in about a year from people who paid $1,500 for a PSA AR and $1,000 for a WASR.

    Ha ha ha, sounds similar to the musings in 1994 and then

    BAM!

    AWB for ten years. Don't think there will be nothing come of the proposed legislation in Jan. Hopefully it wont be too painful but something will come of it.

    Just remember this, To Take No Action Is An Action...
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html


  4. #4
    Master Mosinguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota soon...
    Posts
    4,556
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Ha ha ha, sounds similar to the musings in 1994 and then

    BAM!

    AWB for ten years. Don't think there will be nothing come of the proposed legislation in Jan. Hopefully it wont be too painful but something will come of it.

    Just remember this, To Take No Action Is An Action...
    But now we have the Internet and can get much more support for anti-gun control. This new AWB is much more radical than the last and won't happen without being dragged through government and dying along the way IMO. Not to mention we could slip into another recession once taxes go up and spending is cut on lots of stuff. This is the new "shiny" object to distract the ADD American public.
    Gray man

  5. #5
    Teufelshund TopDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosinguy View Post
    But now we have the Internet and can get much more support for anti-gun control. This new AWB is much more radical than the last and won't happen without being dragged through government and dying along the way IMO. Not to mention we could slip into another recession once taxes go up and spending is cut on lots of stuff. This is the new "shiny" object to distract the ADD American public.
    I hope you are correct. But we must not be complacent or we will pay the price.
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html


  6. #6
    Master Mosinguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota soon...
    Posts
    4,556
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    I hope you are correct. But we must not be complacent or we will pay the price.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Those who want our freedoms destroyed will stop at nothing to do so.
    Gray man

  7. #7
    Master Mosinguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota soon...
    Posts
    4,556
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    It is a good gamble if it goes down your way, but if you are going to try it, act now, not after it starts cooling down.
    Yup, that's why I'm trying to get this done quick. I'd like to keep the WASR but if this pays off I'll have a nice 92FS and while I save my money back up the prices will fall when nothing actually happens to guns. Then I'll buy a WASR from some poor guy who paid $1,000 for it and sells it for $400 to make ends meet. Or I'll upgrade to a Saiga. Possibilities are endless.

    EDIT: And that mag thing we discussed awhile ago...well the Beretta will come with six so that'll get me going much better than the WASR can/could. 9mm is also much more common than 7.62x39.
    Gray man

  8. #8
    Shooter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hancock County
    Posts
    4,208
    Yea I know what you're saying. People are paying several hundred dollars for a case of green tip m855 these days, but so far no one seems interested to trade for mine, otherwise I would part with it.

    I have noticed A LOT of AR15's in the classifieds lately, so they must be thinking like you. I think the price has risen to the point where even the hoarders are selling their "assault rifles" which to me indicates the price for them is at its peak...at least until the circumstances change.

  9. #9
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    96
    Or there will be a ban and you will be out of your guns. Dont get me wrong I applaud your idea, just dont wanna lose my guns. I just bought a wasr yesterday and didnt pay 1000 for it, another guy on here picked one up the other day for 499

  10. #10
    Shooter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hancock County
    Posts
    4,208
    The only thing that matters in the end is that you get what you want. How much profit or loss you make is only part of the game.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •