Plinker

Jm stamped Marlin

If a Marlin is JM stamped where would the stamp be located? What is a fair price for a .357 average condition if I find one. Thanks to all who respond with help.

Left side of the barrel, back where it meets the receiver. They should run anywhere from $400-$600 depending on condition. The older ones without the cross bolt safety are more desirable.
    Confidence doesn't equal competence.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier45 View Post
    Left side of the barrel, back where it meets the receiver. They should run anywhere from $400-$600 depending on condition. The older ones without the cross bolt safety are more desirable.

What he said but it has been a long time since I have seen a 1894c (357) for 400 dollars.

Isn't it on the right side?
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

$400 if it's not it good condition.

Looking down the barrel from rear sight to front sight, it is on the left hand side. Or at least all of mine are.
    Confidence doesn't equal competence.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton