• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hzwj67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hendricks county
    I have a PSA 15 16" carbine. I purchased it about 6 months ago. I had it for about 3 months, put about 200-250 rounds through it when the single piece free float tube, handguard came completely off while shooting. I contacted PSA , and they advised me to ship my upper back to them . I did, and after some e-mails and phone calls; they were at first going to replace my upper and give me a new one. It took longer than I was told , however I did get it back. after receiving my upper back, I discovered I did not get a new upper, but they (PSA) replaced my handguard ( one piece free float tube) with a new one, and a couple of goodies thrown in for my trouble.
    Now, 2 months after getting my upper back, only about another 120 rounds, the barrel nut either came loose, or wasn't installed right or was just bad to start! After my first experience , I was a little suspect about the quality assurance. I was assured that my upper was inspected by several people , including shop manager, before shipping my upper back to me. Today, I had re-installed a scope that I had on before the first incident , trying to sight it in. a freind of mine and I were having so much trouble trying to get it sighted in, we figured it was a problem with the scope itself. So, I put a red dot sight that too, had been on previously. same problem, could not sight it in. Wen t o buis that was installed by PSA at the factory. they were way off too. We could not figure it out. Packed up gear and left. On way home, stopped by a gun shop I know and trust,and see if they had any answers. the owner and an ar builder, immediately diagnosed the problem. Barrel nut loose or was bad from start, and it probably caused more damage to barrel. Owned the rifle 5-6 months, less than 500 rounds, had the repaired once already, and now this
    ! I am having severe concerns about PSA quality, or at least quality assurance. Twice...5-6 months old...500 rounds.. two upper major failures/ problems. I didn't/don't expect this from PSA. How could this pass inspection once maybe twice (including initial) after repair? If you are curious , No, I could not see or check barrel nut because it is covered by this particular hand guard , and it is torqued lock-tighted in. It is not designed to be removed easily. Anybody else have problems with PSA uppers?

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Take this with a grain of salt but you get what you pay for. Have it fixed if there wasnt damage and dont do business with them again. The only thing they care about right now is getting stuff shipped and they cant even do that.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was the one trying to help site his scope and red dot in. I have a Palmeto State upper, bought it before the panic started. The quality is exelent, and it's accurate as any other mil-spec upper I have dealt with. It's quite possible that there QC has slipped since the panic started. My friend did get screwed in my opinion, and I hope Palmeto State makes it right.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    This isn't a new problem and not per Se a PSA problem, the single piece tubes have always had a weak spot at the contact point,

I broke off the screws holding mine during a highpower patch on my heavy flat top, several guys have started putting extra screws in the attachment point, ECT.

There are fixes out there for it, Sorry your having trouble but if you don't "need" the float tube and your doing more "tactical" shooting with it where your throwing the gun up and down or with a forearm grip you might just look at a different type of forearm

Top Bottom