• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Unless the bulletis heat seeking, I can't see how you would be able eliminate positiion, breathing, and trigger control.
    Pretty much my thoughts.

I guess if they designed software right they could eliminate it in the sense that the shooter wouldn't have to be knowledgeable of them, but one who is would still be more proficient. :dunno:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    When this rifle went viral, people were claiming it was a "guided bullet". I laughed. There are many things I don't like about this rifle. Number one though is that this system doesn't allow for moving target leads. The target has to be dead still before it'll allow the trigger to fire off the round.

I'm wondering if certain functionalities can be disabled or overridden to make a shot happen.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Instead of a scope/rifle combo, someone needs to develop a scope with essentially the same capabilities and a tag button that mounts next to the trigger of your desired rifle.

The scopes computer would have a rangefinder and ballistic data for most rounds. Also included would be an accelorometer, digital compass, GPS, barometer and altimeter and most importantly a micro gyro.

You select the load you are firing prior to the shoot. When you aim line of sight to the target you wish to hit, you hit the tag button. This locks in the all important referential point that includes range to target, compass position, gyro position, humidity and altitude that determines the atmospheric effects on the trajectory.

Your target solution is then displayed as a secondary cross hair on a single point of a circle surrounding the line of sight cross hair. You then simply line up the line of sight cross hair with the solution cross hair and take your shot. That's for a static target.

For a dynamic target, let's say a target out to 800 yds or more at walking speed, you hold on target and hold the tag button as you track the target. The moment you hit the tag button, all the referential variables are set. As you continue to track, the firing solution becomes dynamic due to changes in gyroscopic positioning and other determining factors.

Essentially, the firing solution is positioned on a dynamically sized circle depending upon speed of target and increase or decrease of elevation (I.e. target is climbing a hill or descending a hill). A line connecting the line of sight cross hair to the solution cross hair is evident as well which helps to continually visualize the relationship in the direction of the lead to the target.

To make the shot, you release the tag button, the solution remains, you quickly take aim where the solution is and fire. There would probably be a reset button as well to clear a solution and start over.

Now this is just a work up of an idea and there's some problems with it, but that's essentially how I'd approach designing a do it all scope.

Top Bottom