• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    4 days ago I ordered a 18" 1/8 twist full rail upper from Larue Tactical. Much to my dismay I found that I'm in a very LONG line, about a year and a half before I see it. I've never been known for my patience so browsing BCM I ordered and will receive same length and twist with a Larue rail BCM upper tomorrow afternoon. Both went on the credit card, due to an impending wedding funds are a little tight. So my plan is to have the BCM paid off before the Larue is even out of the "gun room" . Anybody have any experience with either of these uppers? From what I know both are top tier companies.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Nothing but great experiences with BCM and each of the uppers and barrels I have gotten from them shot extremely well. The biggest limit I have noticed on their accuracy is my tendency to feed them something other than premium match loads, but have been consistently impressed with how tight the groupings get whenever I bring out the higher-quality loads. If you don't reload but have had the itch to try it, the accuracy potential of your new upper may just get you over the hump.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    The Larue guaranties 1/2" at 300 meters or something along those lines. It's not an exact quote. How's the BCM at distance with factory loads?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The Larue guaranties 1/2" at 300 meters or something along those lines. It's not an exact quote. How's the BCM at distance with factory loads?

You might want to look at that again. Most shooters are not capable of 1/2 inch at 300 meters so I would think it would be impossible for them to make such a guarantee. 1/6th of a MOA is a lofty goal for any rifle.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    "Answering the demands of today's precision AR-Shooter, we designed the Stealth Sniper System with ¾" 100-yard shot groups in mind. Exceeding our expectations, the Stealth has earned a great reputation for it's sub-MOA accuracy, with reports of consistent hits on 4" plates out to 400 yards with 77 grain Mk262 ammunition. "
    Thats straight from Larue.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Right from Larue -
    Accuracy: Average size of a 5-shot group, expressed in Minutes of Angle (MOA) less than 1 MOA (approx)

So, ~3" at 300 yards. Still pretty damn good.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    If I have to wait a year before it hits the assembly floor, I certainly hope it's good. Iv never seen a Larue in person, never seen on a shelf or fondled one.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Received the BCM this afternoon, gotta say...lookin mighty fine. I'd put fit and finish above my DD. First rds will be 10am tomorrow. They also threw a decent amount of crap in the box with it, a hat, 4 posters, degreaser and slip 2000 oil, an assortment of stickers and some NRA crap. The PWS muzzle brake is impressive to look at, see how it works in the morning.

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    I have only shot one Larue.......mine a 16" Predetar I got mine in about 7 months but it was ordered in dec 2011 before the crazy hit........ I love it ,in fact it is my only 5.56 AR at this time
    P1010089.jpg

P1010101.jpg

Oh and a little Larue logo overload for anyone LOL
    P1010119.jpg

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    The word I got was over 1 1/2 yrs before I get it, and he said don't count that as the gospel, he was guessing. Bonehead, that is a good lookin rifle. I shot my new mid length gas 18" BCM this morning, 150rds. The combination of mid length gas and the PWS brake makes recoil nonexistent. Not that the 5.56 kicks like a mule but it does make a difference. Also shot my mothers new baby sig 9, the 938ag, what an awesome little cannon. I want one now, but $700 plus one mag....maybe I'll wait to inherit hers.

Top Bottom