Stock for Savage SA, broke mine, FUN PICS INSIDE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Okay, so here is my Savage 11:

20130920_101528.jpg

I had it tucked away in a heavily padded Blackhawk soft case. It was gently tucked in the trunk of my wifes car. All was fine until this:

20130920_145723.jpg

Yeah, that didn't work out so well.

Looking for a new stock now. What do you guys like for target stocks? Dedicated target rifle only. Need something contoured for a Varmint barrel. Seeing as I broke the heck out of the trigger guard, I'm thinking of upgrading to the CDI dbm system.

Suggestions?

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Edit for clarification - I was driving, not the missus. I'm doin well enough, just a lil sore today. Only material damages and all the things that really count are okay.

I do like that Boyds stock. Time to start shopping.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Also if your wanting to do AI mags, AICS has a stock in production for the Savage rifle. I ordered one in February for my savage 10, but its no where near the Boyd's price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    not knowing exactly where all the excessive forces were applied, I'd scrap the entire thing and let insurance buy you a new one. Then again, if you like shooting around corners... LOL

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Savage barrels are not that hard to change so if need be you can swap it.
    Okay, as for stocks and maybe barrel swap instructions look here- Savage Shooters - Home
    There were a lot of Savage upgrades advertised over there but its been awhile since I've looked.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    not knowing exactly where all the excessive forces were applied, I'd scrap the entire thing and let insurance buy you a new one. Then again, if you like shooting around corners... LOL

I spun the barrel/action between lathe centers and indicated the tube. Runout numbers are exactly the same as when it first came home. Yeah, I check and record all rifles for situations kinda like this I suppose. Always nice to have a solid number to reference in case of concerns.

The glass looks good, but I suppose I'll find out later today (if I make it out) as I swapped it onto another boomstick. Hope the ret's don't fall out or something. I dunno, brand new VX3. Maybe I should just ship it back to Leupold and have them check it out.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Oh crap. Seems like the gun is a smalll issue in the bigger scheme of things. Glad everyone is ok.

I will add my vote for the Boyds stock. They are awesome. Maybe not car crash proof awesome but I think you will like the stock. I put a feather weight thumb hole on my 700 30-06 and I love it.

Top Bottom