Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking My $500.00 AR build

How this happened:

a while back back I was with a buddy and we got talking about how fast the prices on ARs were dropping. After a few beers he bet me I couldn't build a complete AR for under $600.00, of course I took that bet and here is the finished product.

1. The lower, I used to be one of those guys that said they would never own a poly lower, well New Frontier brought out their Gen 2 lower and I started to see some pretty good reviews. Never having owned one, I figured it would be a good time to get some first hand experience with one. Besides, a complete lower was $98.00, no tax, no shipping, just a FFL fee. Total invested = $123.00

Photo

2. Upper, was going to build one but Black Friday was right around the corner, found a complete upper at Primary arms for $349.00 no tax, no shipping. ATI, 16" melon ire coated bbl, M16 BCG, M4 feed ramps, etc., Made in the good ole USA

Photo

3. Primary Arms also had mags on sale for $7.99. Aluminum with magpul followers

Photo

4 Red Dot sight. Found this on Amazon, figured WTH, for 28.99 I reach my goal and win my bet. If this turns out to be a POS (which I think it will) I have 30 days to return it, I can find good iron sights for about the same price or even cheaper.
    Photo

there you have it, total =$508.98. If you subtract the bet, total was $408.98!

again, this is not my SHTF gun or even a HG, it's a plinker. I haven't shot it yet but should be able to get a couple of hundred rounds through it this weekend. I will let you know.

sorry about the links, ipad is not cooperating.
    1911 in case 911 doesn't work...

Nice deal! I love building AR's. That is cheap. I'm not sure if I woulda taken the bet, but you did good.
    I have GAS. (Gun acquisition syndrome)

Plinker
    That's not bad for what it cost. Enjoy your plinker!

Nice job!

$500 with a full auto bcg to boot! Good job!!

Make sure you post up how you like shooting it. I have heard the buzz about the new frontier lowers and I would like to see it turn out to be true.
    Suburban Robots that Monitor Reality

Plinker
    Do you have any pictures of the upper/lower together? How well do they match up?

Wow, good job. Just think, 11 months ago, $900 was a "budget build".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bubba Effect View Post
    $500 with a full auto bcg to boot! Good job!!

Make sure you post up how you like shooting it. I have heard the buzz about the new frontier lowers and I would like to see it turn out to be true.
    thanks, I've been hearing that buzz as well, that was one of the reasons I went with the NF lower.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox033 View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the upper/lower together? How well do they match up?

Fit is impressive. The whole lower is pretty tight, I wouldn't want to build a stripped one. In my research it was recommended you buy a complete lower.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lep36 View Post
    Fit is impressive. The whole lower is pretty tight, I wouldn't want to build a stripped one. In my research it was recommended you buy a complete lower.
    Let us know how it shoots. I may build a .22 this way...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast