• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    I am looking to build an AR and I am curious as to some of the benefits of 1 over the other. Which would be better in a combat type scenario, accuracy, comfort of shooting, etc... any input would be appreciated thanks.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Having a stock adds another point of contact. Since the majority of the recoil comes back towards the shooter, a stock helps maintain control and reduce the time between follow-up shots.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    There is always the Sig SB15 pistol "brace". I still chuckle every time I see one of those as to how the ATF let it go.:dunno:

zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    I was thinking about the brace a friend of mine has one on his I didn't shoot it but just from holding it there wasn't much of a difference from a stock.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    For a combat-type scenario, you need the barrel length for the 5.56 to have enough velocity to work well at distance. Hence - rifle.

zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    I just ordered a PSA 16" m4 upper today from palmetto I appreciate all the feedback I am going to just go with the rifle. Any thoughts on a quality multi cal. Lower I would like to eventually get a few different uppers and swap calibers from time to time.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No difference between my 9mm AR pistol and a sbr except I didn't have to pay a $200 stamp and wait 8 months or more, and it had an arm brace that can legally be shoulder fired. So what if I can't adjust the length. It's a no brainer! I guarentee you it's just as accurate as it's sbr counterparts.

Last edited:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I just ordered a PSA 16" m4 upper today from palmetto I appreciate all the feedback I am going to just go with the rifle. Any thoughts on a quality multi cal. Lower I would like to eventually get a few different uppers and swap calibers from time to time.

Great deal right here. All but one of my AR's are running this lower. Absolutely no complaints....

PSA Blemished Safe/Fire Lower

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just to have something to play with, I recently finished my 10.5" pistol, so far, it's been pretty damn fun.

I have 16" and 14.5" ARs, and that little 10.5" is just easy to swing around.

But that's the bad part....I mean good part...about ARs. You can have more than one, and have them for different purposes.

As for the Spikes thing, I have one of their mids with a government profile on a Seekins lower. The upper has been great and the Spikes barrel has been pretty accurate with just "plinker" reloads I made for the purpose of making steel to ping.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I like the sigtac arm brace configuration for inside rooms etc. You do loose velocity and gain fire and brimstone though as you shorten the length of the barrel. From top to bottom in the picture below : 20' A2, 16 inch M4, 11.5 inch pistol, and the last one is a NFA AR15 EXTAR pistol with a 9 inch barrel.

ARRange.jpg

Top Bottom