Plinker

Winchester Model 290

I picked up a Winchester Model 290 tube fed .22 (free). Does anyone know how I can mount a scope on it and suggestions for a scope?

Last edited by ABN82; 05-11-2009 at 08:55.

Paranoids anonymous won't give me their address HandK's Avatar
    Pictures would help, but it should have a raised line on the recever, this is for mounting a scope to, you use standered 22 rings that clamp on to it, If it does not have one of these raised lines you will have to it taped for a mount, Simmons makes a great little 3x9x40 22 scope for about $30.00 I have had one on my 22 for years and it serves me well, Hope this helps.

Your body can not go where your mind has not been!

Getting old is not so bad! I can hide my own Easter Eggs!!

Plinker
    Bump.

Just like HandK49031 said, get a set of these... MidwayUSA - B-Square 1" Sport Utility 22 Rimfire and Airgun Rings Medium Matte ...then purchase a 1" diameter scope of your choice, and put it all on the grooves on top of the receiver.

Or you can get one of these adapters... MidwayUSA - B-Square 3/8" Aluminum Dovetail to Weaver-Style Adapter Matte ...mount it on top of the receiver, then purchase any Weaver style rings and mount them.

Or, I would be willing to buy the rifle from you for $75.
    Browncoats: May have been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.

Plinker
    Thanks for the info. I'm a rookie with scopes.

Sharpshooter
    i got a 290 also.where are you located?if you are in indy i will give you a scope.rings are 6.00 at wal mart.

Plinker
    I am located in Greenwood. I'm sure I could round up something for a trade.

Sharpshooter
    you sure didnt have to get me a gift certificate for dicks for the scope and installing it.you are a first rate guy.thanks for your service to our country,and for training the new soldiers.