• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    About the gun: Matching barrel and upper receiver Argentine. Unknown scope mount system. Metric. Lower Unknown. Just want to know about it more.

Lower I dont know much about it, the grip has a metal front plate and a screw. Id like to put a sniper grip or saw grip and a hole stock on it can I?
    Can I do anything to the trigger?

Shoots high at the correct setting but tight so I know I need to get a taller front sight but Im scoping it, the scope mount seems sturdy and solid, So I ordered a 2-7x35 Burris E1 1/2 MOA turrets Im going to make this a DMR. What quad rail options do I have that mount secure or free float? No aims quadrails either.

Gas is functioning full open, but all the internals look fine, tube holes are 4-8, spring is good, no damage, just functions at full open, so I will order a buffer. What tool can I use from my garage to adjust it other than pliers? No bipod cut?

DSCN84751.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

DSCN8474.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    DSCN8473.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    DSCN8469.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am no expert on the subject, but one bit of trivia I recall about the Argentine FAL is that there is a circle milled into the bolt face on a civilian semi-auto only gun while the military-issue select-fire gun does not have this. The extra milling does not affect function and was legally required as a quick-reference for legality for police on the street. Sorry, no links as I am going on memory from back when, and I can't describe the size of the circle as I read a text-only account without images.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    No bipod cut. The receiver looks like a type 3 on a type 2 (or possibly 1) lower, though it's hard to tell from the images. Is the rear sight a fold-down? You should be able to adjust the gas port by hand, no tool needed, unless something is wrong. The safety switch looks inch, so you may have a mix of parts here.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    flip down rear sight. the gas ring is hard to move by hand but threads are good male side on the block. Bore is clean. I just have if full open as stated but it functions just fine.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    What sig1473 said, to ID the gun/parts. The FAL is heavy and forward rail makes it heavier, go with DSA for scope rail mount. Also if you do a search of trigger on the FALfiles you will find lots of info. on a guy who does the best trigger jobs, just send him your trigger group.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    not worried about weight, Ill wait to hold the dsa mount before i replace whats on it. The only thing I am going to have to keep a eye on is the gas system. May have to shorten it up to 18" and thread it for something common.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    You have a type three metric upper on a British inch lower. Is the upper marked "SAC Lotta" in the Magwell? If so, there may be a matching lower half floating around somewhere. I would guess the barrel is threaded under that cap. I would get a metric lower, verify the US part count and add a flash hider. The Argentine FAL's are nice rifles.

I think it shoots high because of the differences in the sights between the inch lower and metric upper.
    The argentine FAL's are somewhat collectible. If the barrel and upper are numbers matching I wouldn't cut it or anything like that. They were factory assembled guns that were caught in the import ban. They were sold as upper halves and lower halves which is why they show up with incorrect type lowers or mismatched lowers. There is a thread on Falfiles trying to reunite halves.

Last edited:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    That's what I thought. They are pretty nice FAL's, I'd add an Argentine metric lower and leave it at that. They were factory built rifles.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    whats going be the best cost efficient way to get rid the l1a1 and get a metric lower? I really want a saw grip.
    Go to falfiles.com as others have suggested. Repost your pictures there with a request of what you are looking for. There is even a thread where the Argie rifle serial numbers are kept with who owns them so people can try to match up the uppers and lowers.

You have what we on the falfiles site refer to as a FrankenFAL - being a mish-mash of parts. As said Type 3 metric upper on an "Inch" L1A1 lower. The barrel is non-bipod cut but the handguards are. You also have an "inch/sandcut" bolt carrier inside a "metric" receiver. I would also agree that the iron sights are not working well because of the upper/lower combination. However, if you are scoping it may not matter to you.

Enjoy - I am a confirmed FALaholic

Top Bottom