• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I am fixing to start building my 1st Ar in 300blk I had made up my mind on what I wanted until I uncovered this nickle boron I have seen that its a breeze to clean which is good I have found uppers lowers BCG's and triggers that all use this my question and I know there are going to be different answers but would you say its worth the extra money for the nickle boron finish or is it just something that will look pretty I want something that is going to stand out in a crowd and money is no option but I don't want to spend it if its not going to benefit in any way.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I saw that thread but i was curious if having the lower and upper in nickle boron would really have any benefit I believe the BCG and trigger would probably benefit but since the upper and lowers are not moving parts is there a benefit to those

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't see where you would benefit from a nickel boron coating on the upper or lower receiver since neither are moving parts or require much cleaning. IMO, it would be more of an aesthetic thing. As far as the bolt carrier group and fire control group, I find it to be very beneficial.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The nickel boron finish on my LMT BCG is starting to wear after about 1000 rounds...
    The shine/finish might be starting to wear but the nickel boron is still there. A company like LMT won't skimp on the process. If you look at a Spike's NiB bcg it looks like their finish is spotty at best. In reality, they have complete coverage. My WMD NiB bcg has started to turn colors but that's after 3000+ rounds and more than a dozen ultrasonic baths.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I read somewhere, can't recall where exactly now that if you want the full effects of the NiB coating from your bcg that your upper receiver should NOT have the same coating. Something about two similar finishes having diminishing returns on lubricity. The recommendation was to get a NiB bcg and some other form of coating on the upper receiver so they play off one another.

Top Bottom