Premium Grade ARs - Your preferred brand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Thinking about investing in a single, premium grade AR-15. If you were doing this which brand would you choose?

So far I like BCM because of their reputation for excellent rifles and lifetime warranty, not to mention affordability for what you get.

The only caveat is the super expensive stuff is simply out of my price range. Sub $2k for the entire rifle is required without optics.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a hard time settling with one brand, there's many good rifle companies out there. I love my POFs, but that doesn't stop my appreciation and attraction to Noveske, Primary Weapon System, some Black Rains, LWRC, a good amount of Daniel Defenses, Seekins Precision, and LMT.

Another great company for the money has been Spikes Tactical, great people to talk to and the fit and finish has always been clean

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The only caveat is the super expensive stuff is simply out of my price range. Sub $2k for the entire rifle is required without optics.

Both are complete Noveskes and both are sub 2K w/out optics.
    attachment.php

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I love my Noveske, I built it myself but its all Noveske minus the builders kit(CMMG but put Noveske TD pins and safety in) and BCG (WMD)

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Thinking about investing in a single, premium grade AR-15. If you were doing this which brand would you choose?

So far I like BCM because of their reputation for excellent rifles and lifetime warranty, not to mention affordability for what you get.

At first I thought, "we just did the best premium AR discussion", but you qualified it as sub 2g, so that is different. To me, less than 2g is probably premium just as you said and more than 2g is probably luxury.

For your price range, I like BCM a lot. I wanted one in their lightweight CHF barrel but got a good deal and picked up my Rogue Hunter instead.

I don't have a BCM, but the Noveske Recce I assembled was WELL over 2g and closer to 3. Gotta figure the stripped Gen iii lower alone went for $350.... and I wasn't very good at keeping costs down. I ended up at more than I would have spent just buying the complete rifle from factory, however I upgraded the trigger to an SSA instead of the ALG, a colt LPK, Spikes tactical ST-T2 buffer, can't remember what else, but I came out on the losing end overall. Fun experience though.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Sub 2k, id take a BCM, aimpoint ,surefire, and case of ammo. 10pmags. I should have enough leftover for mounts and a sling.

Top Bottom