• ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-1916.html

I found the link above for a Spanish Mauser in .308. I have been thinking of getting a bigger bore rifle as all my rifles are AR-15's in 5.56. I have also been nostalgic lately and have had the hank'rn for a curio / relic gun.

This rifle meets both of my requirements, seems to be at a VERY fair price at $170, and I should never have any issues with finding ammo for it in the long term.

However, I have no experience with Mausers and I don't know if these would be good shooters or only good for a mantle piece. I'm not looking for the prettiest thing out there. I will take an ugly one if they are good shooters.

What say you INGO? Is this a good deal?

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I bought one from the same co. in the late 80's or early 90's. I was a FFL at the time and my price was around $160 for collector grade. Collector grade was matching #'s and nice stock. I shot around 50-60 rounds through it before I sold it. Never had any problems, and it was accurate for what it was.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Don't shoot any really hot ammo through it. It is a small ring Mauser like the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser. Good little shooters, Good deal for the money.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I use 7.62 NATO in mine too. In fact that's pretty much all I use, even in my Israeli K98 which is certainly strong enough for 308. It just makes it easier that way (and cheaper).

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    FWIW, the Spanish version of 7.62 is even lower pressure than the NATO version, so the conversion was never intended to be used with high pressure ammo.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Thanks for the info! However, the idea was to have something that I could shoot readily available commercial ammo in. It does seem cool, but I think I'm going to pass on this one.

Top Bottom