• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I've had both and will tell you this. They are both wonderful weapons and you need to ask yourself what your purpose is. I love the REPR but If I had to run out the door I'd pick up the scar. I also took the scar and did a trigger job and feel it is just as solid as the repr. The REPR is also quite a bit heavier than the scar. They are both FANTASTIC guns, but for the difference in money, you can dress up your scar quite a bit. I guess it would also depend on which repr you are talking about. I would only compare then if you are talking about the 16 in version. I want a 20 spiraled repr so bad I can't stand it. Budget aside, I would pick a 20 in repr over the scar, but if both were 16 in setup, I'd take the scar for "everyday" use. If you are bench shooting or making it a safe queen, go with the lwrc. Hopefully I've utterly confused you as I just have myself:): May be time to start looking into that od green 20 in repr again:drool:

bowtech83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2014
    Muncie
    I've had both and will tell you this. They are both wonderful weapons and you need to ask yourself what your purpose is. I love the REPR but If I had to run out the door I'd pick up the scar. I also took the scar and did a trigger job and feel it is just as solid as the repr. The REPR is also quite a bit heavier than the scar. They are both FANTASTIC guns, but for the difference in money, you can dress up your scar quite a bit. I guess it would also depend on which repr you are talking about. I would only compare then if you are talking about the 16 in version. I want a 20 spiraled repr so bad I can't stand it. Budget aside, I would pick a 20 in repr over the scar, but if both were 16 in setup, I'd take the scar for "everyday" use. If you are bench shooting or making it a safe queen, go with the lwrc. Hopefully I've utterly confused you as I just have myself:): May be time to start looking into that od green 20 in repr again:drool:

Is that your GTR in your profile pic shootamc58?

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I was in a same predicament, but I chose the LMT MWS 308. It beat out the SCAR and HK417 in the British testing if that tells you anything.
    If I had to choose between the SCAR or REPR, it would go to the SCAR. The SCAR is lighter which is a big plus with a shorter barrel that doesn't make it suffer in the accuracy department. The SCAR can be hard on optics though which seems to be a little on negative side. YMMV

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I was in a same predicament, but I chose the LMT MWS 308. It beat out the SCAR and HK417 in the British testing if that tells you anything.
    If I had to choose between the SCAR or REPR, it would go to the SCAR. The SCAR is lighter which is a big plus with a shorter barrel that doesn't make it suffer in the accuracy department. The SCAR can be hard on optics though which seems to be a little on negative side. YMMV

What has been your experience with optics on the scar? Your statement about them being rough on optics caught my curiosity.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    What has been your experience with optics on the scar? Your statement about them being rough on optics caught my curiosity.

Ive read online that they are hard on optics, but I've yet to actually get a return from a SCAR. If you spending that kind of money on a rifle it should be ASSUMED your spending enough money to put a quality scope on it.

Top Bottom