• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While I still prefer AK's, I took my CMMG .22lr upper to the range for the first time last weekend. I hadn't had that much fun shooting something in years. No recoil or muzzle climb so double and triple taps on the plate rack insured they fell. Very accurate to boot.

attachment.php

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I see the CMMG kits for the AR rifles at my LGS all the time and have thought about picking one up many times. My 10-22 is light and handy but I still think it would be fun to shoot 22 through one of the ar's. Hmm

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I see the CMMG kits for the AR rifles at my LGS all the time and have thought about picking one up many times. My 10-22 is light and handy but I still think it would be fun to shoot 22 through one of the ar's. Hmm

I like the looks of the Bushmaster but enjoy using a standard lower. My CMMG is a factory built upper, which I like for the proper size and rifling in the barrel. I have never played with the bolt conversion kits but have generally heard good things.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I view my conversion kits as useful to have in my bugout bag and occasional fun, but not a good trainer. I was a pretty big fan of my 15-22 until a misfire blew the extractor and what by all rights should been a dollar part required me to send the whole gun to S&W. To be fair they paid for all the shipping, but the fact they won't sell parts has soured me on them and towards getting a factory .22upper instead.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I view my conversion kits as useful to have in my bugout bag and occasional fun, but not a good trainer. I was a pretty big fan of my 15-22 until a misfire blew the extractor and what by all rights should been a dollar part required me to send the whole gun to S&W. To be fair they paid for all the shipping, but the fact they won't sell parts has soured me on them and towards getting a factory .22upper instead.

I had the same experience, extractor fell out, and they required it shipped in. I never even had a misfire, I was shooting in a target league when it disappeared, and every shot I had fired showed up as a good score on the target.

I was hoping S&W would maybe change the bolt design to prevent it from happening again. I marked the internals, and all they did was snap in another extractor. Since I upgraded my 15-22 rifle with a Zelenek Rear match sight and a Giessele trigger, I had to put it back stock before I shipped it. There is no way I was going to blindly ship a $400 sight and a $300 trigger to a warranty center. In other words I did 10 times the work to ship it in and when it came back as they did. Plus rezeroing the rifle. I begged them just to sent me an extractor and spring.

The sad thing is, the rifle really does shot VERY well. The Customer service is the ony frustration.

Top Bottom