• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Yeah, I know a .625 won't go on a .750 barrel and visa versa. Anything else? What is more common? Mil spec? Pros or cons to one barrel size over the other?
    I guess my question is more about the barrel diameter, not so much FSB because I know one goes with the other.
    Are both barrel diameters equally as common?

Last edited:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yeah, I know a .625 won't go on a .750 barrel and visa versa. Anything else? What is more common? Mil spec? Pros or cons to one barrel size over the other?
    I guess my question is more about the barrel diameter, not so much FSB because I know one goes with the other.
    Are both barrel diameters equally as common?
    The .750" is much more common. It's what the govt./M4 profile uses. Only a true lightweight barrel uses a .625" gas block (like my Spikes).

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    No advantage from the gas block diameter itself. If you want a medium contour or larger barrel, you'll get .750" at the gas block. If you want a true light weight, it'll be .625" at the gas block.

Pick your barrel based on the quality of its materials. 4150, CHF, melonite, HPT, MPI, etc. Don't worry about the gas block diameter. If purchasing from a reputable company, they'll know the proper gas port size.

Gas blocks will also run the same price so no worries there. All but one of my gas blocks are .750" but it hasn't changed my build our build quality in any way.

Top Bottom