• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just got back from the range - put 60 rounds through my new VZ 2008 - wire folding stock - from Century. Century seems to be doing much better. This makes my third purchase from them and all three were good solid quality. Paid 399 from PSA.

No malfunctions, the sights were off to the right but I didn't bother trying to adjust them since I'm going to put on an aftermarket ghost sight anyway. Length of pull is a bit short, of course, my nose gets mashed just a bit by the receiver.

Love the rifle. So much lighter than an AK, better handling. I think I might even leave the stock furniture on, just for simplicity's sake. I have big hands, but the small grip didn't bother me.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I liked mine, liked the machining and the weight.

But, had to send it back because the front sight post was canted. They got it to me in 3 weeks or so and said it was sighted in, I still had the front post pretty much maxed out to the right and it barely got sighted in.

I ended up selling it. Learned I'm just not a commie rifle guy

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I was worried about a canted sight - they are hard to fix - but mine isn't. Got lucky again with Century. It's a crapshoot.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I used to use a rubber mallet to fix the dreaded canted front sight. Then I bought a dead blow hammer. It only takes a couple of whacks to get that front sight into the middle. Amazing..

I am not joking. that is really all it takes to fix a canted AK front sight. It is an AK after all......

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I also got mine from PSA and love it. I didn't really care for the wire stock, and the forend does get pretty hot after only a couple of mags, so I changed out the furniture. Normally I like to keep things fairly close to original, but I kind of got carried away with this one and went all Mall Ninja on it. :):

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Love 'em. Great rifles with nice, light mags; only thing I hated was the stock. It was the only rifle that had made x39 a bit of a pain to shoot for me. Regardless, it's good to see people getting (mostly) good rifles from Century

Top Bottom