• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    got this glenfield model 60 from my grandpa more than 25 years ago. after i moved out, i asked my mom if it was still around; no luck. today, it came home. mom said she was hiding presents in her closet and saw it. i know it's not worth a ton of money, but i am thrilled to have it back. definitely made for a great christmas.

IMG_0630.jpg

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Awesome... can't put a price on sentimental value! A couple years back I was at an estate auction. There was a really nice scoped 22-250. I figured the set up was worth a $250-275. Everybody dropped out of the bidding at $75, except one guy. Once we hit the $220 point, I figured I could buy new close to that, and dropped out. The ironic thing is, my wife wanted to tag along so I didn't spend too much $$. I didn't get either gun I was looking at, but we came home with some used furniture for the basement and a full set of china for 8 (NICE!) and a set of Sterling Silver place settings for 10 plus several serving pieces. Stole 'em both for about $60 total. One of the family members came up and said those were the dishes and silverware for Sunday supper at grandmas, and glad they were 'staying together'. I recognized him as the guy bidding on the rifle. He said it was his grandfather's - bought it when he was a teenager. It had some 'issue' and he fixed it for his grandpa. He then relayed several stories of out hunting with his grandfather with THAT gun. I told him if I knew I'd stopped bidding. He and the family helped us load all our 'stuff' into the truck. That 'North Dakota Nice' shining through.
    Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    got this glenfield model 60 from my grandpa more than 25 years ago. after i moved out, i asked my mom if it was still around; no luck. today, it came home. mom said she was hiding presents in her closet and saw it. I know it's not worth a ton of money, but i am thrilled to have it back. definitely made for a great Christmas.

It's not worth a ton of money...but it's priceless to you. Glad to hear it's back home.

I've got some nice stuff in my safe, but my step-grandfather's single shot Stevens Buckhorn that I learned to shoot on doesn't have a price tag.

Top Bottom