• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I'm wanting to get a new ak and don't know a lot about them. So I have now a norinco nhm91and it shoots ok. But I like the more traditional look with the shorter barrels. I don't plan on doing any thing other then plinking, but I do won't something descent. I would like to hit targets out to 200 yrds with just the open sights. Target size would be about 12-14" circle. Would like to find out what kind to look for I also would like to stay in the $800 price range , or should I just keep what I already have? Any advice on this will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    You should be able to shoot any AK and hit that target as long as you do your part.

The AK you have is a keeping IMO. Chinese AKs are some of the best out there, no longer imported, etc etc. The NHM91 is based on the chinese version of the RPK, so it will have a longer barrel.

If you want a more "normal" 16" barreled AK, for $800 you have a lot of options. Look at any of the N-PAP or O-PAP rifles, a WASR, or you might be lucky and find a used converted Saiga or Arsenal rifle out there somewhere.

I really like the polish stamped aks that Atlantic Firearms is selling right now. The Polish AKs were top quality rifles, and who ever is building the kits into rifles for Atlantic looks to be doing an excellent job.

Top Bottom