Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Scope mocked up on the rail

Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

With Sunshade

Oh Boy -
    You got it BAD!

Dress-Up Barbie Sniper Rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

I would have also recommended an optic with matching reticle/turrets. Can I ask why you picked this particular optic?

Of course I would've preferred matching reticle and turrets. I also would've preferred First Focal Plane. Or a Leupold or a Zeiss or a Nightforce. I went with the highest quality for the pricepoint I was at that had the things that were musts on my lists like good magnification, good clear glass, and a mildot reticle. I did a lot of research before ending up with that one. I know there are cheaper scopes out there that have more features, but the quality was hit or miss in my opinion. The Vortex is a great scope. The biggest reason I chose this scope? I already had it and it meant I could use more budget on the rifle build.

run what you brung. Get good with it and the bad guys at the receiving end will never know you didn't spend more.
    It requires an O'dark30 workout, not layin' in the fart sack.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianPatriot View Post
    Of course I would've preferred matching reticle and turrets. I also would've preferred First Focal Plane. Or a Leupold or a Zeiss or a Nightforce. I went with the highest quality for the pricepoint I was at that had the things that were musts on my lists like good magnification, good clear glass, and a mildot reticle. I did a lot of research before ending up with that one. I know there are cheaper scopes out there that have more features, but the quality was hit or miss in my opinion. The Vortex is a great scope. The biggest reason I chose this scope? I already had it and it meant I could use more budget on the rifle build.
    I can understand why you are using that scope since you already had it, was assuming it was a new purchase for this rifle. Best of luck and hope it shoots great.

Next question: what seems like a fair price for selling everything off the 700? HS Precision aluminum bedded stock. Stainless bottom metal w/hinged floor plate. X-Mark Pro trigger.

Looks sweet! I need to get my butt reloading and shooting some real distance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianPatriot View Post
    Next question: what seems like a fair price for selling everything off the 700? HS Precision aluminum bedded stock. Stainless bottom metal w/hinged floor plate. X-Mark Pro trigger.
    I have seen thso HS stocks go for around $200, bottom metal around $50, and might as well through that trigger away.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast