• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    So I'm in the process of working on an upper build, just ordered BCM KMR handguard for it, and am looking at what muzzle device I want. The top contender is the Battlecomp 1.0, but I've also looked at the Spike's Dynacomp and the BCM Compensator, the last two on that list I can find locally much easier and are also cheaper.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on this or suggestions? I don't have much experience with anything other than the A2 which sits on my SBR.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have a Battlecomp 2.0 and I love it. It was mounted on my 10.5" sbr until it got its can. I need to remount it on another of my Ar's, just haven't decided which one.

Edited to add, it makes for a very flat shooting rifle. The downside is only for the guy shooting next to you.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The BattleComp's are pretty awesome in regards to how they make the gun perform, but the blast is intense. The Spikes looks awfully similar and is considerably cheaper, so that might be the way to go depending on your budget.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a Battlecomp 2.0 and I love it. It was mounted on my 10.5" sbr until it got its can. I need to remount it on another of my Ar's, just haven't decided which one.

Edited to add, it makes for a very flat shooting rifle. The downside is only for the guy shooting next to you.

This ^^^^^^^^ I have the BC2.0 also on my 10.5 SBR and love it. You cannot go wrong with it. Keep on a look out for sales, Battlecomp usually has decent sales (10-15%) on holidays (Memorial Day, Independance Day, Veterans Day). There is also a few videos on YouTube comparing the comps you have mentioned.

I wondered the same thing throwing the griffen flashcomp in the mix.

This guy ^^^^ should of got that Noveske BC for his build :):

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    There's always the DIY route, as well. Take the features you like from any number of devices, and make them yourown.

Here's a Lantac-style comp/brake I made with external threads for my form-1 can. Just need to Park it now.

20150329_121808.jpg 20150329_121742.jpg 20150329_121748.jpg 20150329_121703.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Here's what a BC 1.5 looks like with the KMR. I don't notice that it does much of anything (except blast-wise), though video proves it does. I'm a flash hider kinda guy, so I'm biased. For reference, the pic is a 14.5" barrel and a 13" KMR.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I ran across this youtube test just this last weekend. Although it's not super scientific his results are pretty repeatable.

https://youtu.be/3FD-Rou9-9A

For the record, I have a BC 1.5 and it does perform well. Guys next to me in class didn't really care for it though. :):

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Here's what a BC 1.5 looks like with the KMR. I don't notice that it does much of anything (except blast-wise), though video proves it does. I'm a flash hider kinda guy, so I'm biased. For reference, the pic is a 14.5" barrel and a 13" KMR.

Is this the rifle of yours I shot? If it is I didn't notice much difference. Some people seem to think that the BC really shines on 11.5-12.5" barrels.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am a big fan of BCM as a company but that's as far as things go for me with the Battlecomp. If it were me I would go Dynacomp, I like the looks of it more and it's cheaper (value on the dollar is much higher) as well as the fact that I find it to be very effective. I am a fan for sure.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Depends on what your rifle is for. Plinking or competition go with one of the aforementioned comps. Personal defence stick with a a2 flash hider. There is a huge flash involved with all the comps I have seen out there not to mention the pressure you send out around you.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Depends on what your rifle is for. Plinking or competition go with one of the aforementioned comps. Personal defence stick with a a2 flash hider. There is a huge flash involved with all the comps I have seen out there not to mention the pressure you send out around you.

This particular build I'm wanting to use as sort of a jack-of-all-trades rifle (if such a thing exists). I'm not huge into competition shooting but I wanted a medium range rifle that I could use for plinking, competition, training etc. I don't really want a dedicated comp like say the Lantac Dragon but I also don't want just a standard birdcage either.

Top Bottom